• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good free internet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SinsFeelNatural

Does anyone know of any decent free internet dial up service other than net zero? I just moved and do not have cable internet yet and do not have a credit card or banking account for another service. and I am poor right now,

If you guys could help it would be great!

thanks

Fightingpiper said:
I think its time for everyone to send him the latest round of AOL disks that we all got in the mail.........:D:D

SinsFeelNatural said:
do not have a credit card or banking account

i think that kind of kills the AOL idea, unless they don't make you sign up with a card anymore.

SinsFeelNatural said:
Does anyone know of any decent free internet...service...?

I'd have to go with warhoming (wardriving=car, warwalking=on foot, warflying=plane, warhoming=sitting in your living room). Hopefully, a nice neighbor will have an open access point that you can use if you ask nicely. :D

Edit: This post as been edited to show that I am no longer joking about the subject.

Last edited:
joke or not i don't think comments like that are allowed.

wardriving is annoying. i found some chump on my wireless network a month or so ago stealing my bandwidth that I pay for so they could get on the net.

please don't promote illegal actiovities wether you are jokin or not

I'd suggest then to secure your connection a bit better. Use the Mac address filtering and turn off your SSID. As for me, i offer a hotspot at my house. I have a cable connection so I share the bandwidth the neighborhood anyways so why not have just one of us pay for the bandwidth that we would all share anyways??? just my .02.....Besides the neighbors that mostly share it are pretty poor with a Brady Bunch of kids that I gave them an ol computer that wasn't being utilized. Against my EULA?Probably....
There is lots of freenet out there so I think the discussion of wardriving is allowable. Maybe this isnt the thread for that discussion tho.....

Have a great day!

beleive me once i found out they were on my network security got strict. thats not the point though.

they were STEALING from me. i pay the bills not them. when i first heard of wardriving i was like " oh that sounds kinda cool" now that i've been on the recieving end i absolutely hate it and think people should be prosecuted for theft or invasion of privacy.

piper your a nicer guy them me. but also i do share my net already with 5 people in my household. i don't need people i don't know sucking up even more bandwidth.

I forget the name of some isp that gave out a free access number and account for 56k service, dangit i cant remember! I cant remember when the last time i was on dialup :)

twump said:
beleive me once i found out they were on my network security got strict. thats not the point though.

they were STEALING from me. i pay the bills not them. when i first heard of wardriving i was like " oh that sounds kinda cool" now that i've been on the recieving end i absolutely hate it and think people should be prosecuted for theft or invasion of privacy.

piper your a nicer guy them me. but also i do share my net already with 5 people in my household. i don't need people i don't know sucking up even more bandwidth.

true I would never jack anyones connection. damn, this sucks maybe for the next month of so Ill just have to search the paper for some local company I can pay cash for net access.

thanks for the help

TimDgsr said:
i think that kind of kills the AOL idea, unless they don't make you sign up with a card anymore.

Um go under "other" and slect "phone bill". I had free aol for 5 years on my phone bill, they use it instead of a card to widen their consumer base.

Back