• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good home amplifier/receiver ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

minoukat

Suggest me some good home audio amplifier or receiver, that can be connected to the TV, cuz I have two sweet *** JBL speakers taht are just waiting to get used in movies :D Also, not something overly expensive ... ;)

OP
M

minoukat

9mmCensor said:
You just want Stereo (Left and Right Channels) right?

You dont want Surround sound, right?

I guess stereo could do for the moment, but the possibility of being able to hook up additional channels is an interesting one.

dropadrop

I like both my nad and rotel amps. The nad has a very clean refined sound while the rotel has alot of muscle.

DaWiper

Image Compare Man
NAD and rotel has nice stuff, you can also look at Denon and Harman/Kardon... Whatever you buy, remember to look for 'coaxial digital input'(spdif) and a nice set of 'video input/output' connectors.

Deathknight

Yamaha and Denon make some fine receivers. I am using the Yamaha RX-V1 and I love it. I tested many of the Denon and Yamaha models and the stuff that is cheaper than mine is also quality stuff.

Also a good bang for your buck brand of receiver is outlaw audio.

DaWiper

Image Compare Man
Here is waht I'm currently using. Works great! Spdif-coax from the computer to the amp and fiberoptics from the standalone DVD... Not too expensive when I bought it...

DaWiper

Image Compare Man
Here is waht I'm currently using. Works great! Spdif-coax from the computer to the amp and fiberoptics from the standalone DVD... Not too expensive when I bought it...

johnny5c

I have a Bob Carver Sunfire 5-channel, but Denon, Yamaha, Harman-Kardon, and Sony's ES line are good mid-priced performers.

Deathknight

nealric said:

I can only dream of the day when I think of sony's es line as "mid priced"

Problem is that having a computer hobby and an audio/video hobby is an expensive combination. $1000 is well below midpriced, but probably around or over what most people are willing to spend. And when you are pumping a never end stream of money into your computer it gets even harder hehe.