• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good hsf for P4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jarett

Registered
Looking for the top of the line hsf for p4 sock 478 here. I hear the mcx 4000 is good; are there any other suggestions out there for the best hsf ?

Intrepid

alpha PAL and MCX4000 are almost identical, hough the MCX seems to have groovs in the pins thatr would sugest more surface, but i dont think thier solder is as good. put a decent fan on either one of these and it will cool real well. AX-478 is also good but there is a bad batch still floating out there and theres a chance you might get one where the solder joints bust off and it falls of onto your vid card. tho the odds of that are REALLY SMALL. it has only happened once to my knowladge, to a guy I know at school.

obliv

its happened a few times here, reported by people, get the alpha pal, the mobo mounting owns, get a vantec tornado and 7v mod it as well, since direct flow fans > 25mm.