• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good MMORPGs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nightingale

There seems to be a vast quantity of MMORPGs and I am really used to playing online FPS games, but I like Final Fantasy etc so I want to try an RPG online. Not sure about Star Wars Galaxies, but two that I have had my eye on are FFXI and Lineage II. I am really looking for good smooth gameplay, and also lots of choices in character design so I can make a really cool looking character. Overall I want the ability to use lots of customization including making custom weapons (not sure if any game ever utilized this, but it would be an awesome feature). I just got my new sound stuff and 9800pro last week so I am really wanting to get a good graphical and sound experience as well. Obviously hard drive space is my least of concerns hehe. ;)

DJCorpse

well as far as making a cool, unique looking character in Lineage 2, thats not gonna happen. Its character creation isnt very deep. Maybe 5 things overall to choose from and then 2-4 options within those 5. Not sure about ffxi but SWG has major customization of its characters. But i gotta say, lineage is a decent game otherwise!

OP
Nightingale

Nightingale

well I am going to BB or CC today in a little bit so I will see what they have and if they don't have one or the other I will pickup whats availible. I am still very confused on which to get because both have advantages. I think the PVP aspect of Lineage 2 is really cool even though I am sure if I get it I will be intially peeved every time I get killed. kinda leaning toward FFXI, but who knows.

DJCorpse

well if you liked all the other ff games then im sure youll enjoy ffxi. As far as lineage goes and pvp'ing you dont have to worry too much about it. People can kill you yes, but i havent had many problems with it. Also there are arenas for ppl to fight in where you dont lose exp or any items or anything so thats kinda cool, and its fun to watch ppl. And when you get to a high enough lvl then you can go around and hunt the pk'ers instead of them looking for you!! The only problematic areas that i have heard of are talking island (where the humans start) and then the dwarven town. Id really suggest you looking further into lineage tho, its a lot of fun!

OP
Nightingale

Nightingale

Well I am starting to lean towards Lineage 2, but I still am not 100% sure what will be in my bag when I get home. I gotta leave now though or else I won't make the store.

OP
Nightingale

Nightingale

Ok I ended up getting Lineage II since it seems to be the favored game right now and seems it has the best options. Heck even the guy at Best Buy said it was a great game(I don't always listen to them, but when the majority says its good it usually is). I already downloaded and installed the game earlier since I though I would get a trial, but I guess you don't so atleast its already installed (just need to register).