• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good motherboard w/ddr400 no overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NimhDaTwah

Registered
Good motherboard w/ddr400 no overclocking?

A freind wants me to build him a computer for photoshop and stuff like that, and I was going to put in probably a 2500 barton or something but want a good board for him and would like to keep it and proc under 250

thanks

juliendogg

to run ddr 400 without overclocking you'll need @ least a viaKT400 based board, or an NF2 based board. beyond that it's a matter of what name you prefer, i lean towards epox myself for price/performance but everyone's got an opinion yeah?

maybe a good place to start would be to go to www.newegg.com and search mobo's for kt400(a) and NF2. see what's got the options you want/need.

good luck
J.

bafbrian

Go with the Epox 8RDA+ mobo, it is NF2 and it offers one of the best price/performance ratios in the market today.

How much Ram is your friend looking for exactly and does your friend have a brand preference ? (Kingston, Geil, Corsair, etc)

bdw8

I just got the ECS L7S7A2 mobo. Its got the SiS 746 chipset (which performs up there with nforce2 and beats the kt400, and beats both in hard drive performance) and that has ddr400. It works great so far. It was 61 USD, including shipping, and for the price its got great bang for the buck.