• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good PII Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metra

I was browsing around fatwallet forums (for hot deals). There, i found PNY pc133 512mb RAM for about $-7! Thats right, they pay you! Anyway, i got all excited and called up the store to see if this is possible and it was. However, I checked my old comps mobo and found out that its maximum module size is 256mb (NOT 512 =[) and im not sure whether it supports pc133...

So i was just wondering if someone can show me a good mobo for a 350 pII that supports 512 pc133. It doesnt have to be oc-able bc I dont think that you can oc too much on pII... This mobo will probably be (i hope) 20-30 dollars. Any suggestions would be great.. Or maybe i'll just forget about this deal and stick with my 196mb.. Thanks in advance.

I think you might be out of luck on this one. The only SECC P2/3 chipset you're going to find today is the Intel 440BX, which only supported 256MB modules.

BHD

I am using the ASUS P3V4X motherboard. It has 4 dimm slots and supports 512 in each (up to 2GB max). Even though it uses the VIA chipset (Apollo Pro 133A), i haven't noticed any performace difference between this the Intel BX.

Back