• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good reader to par with Plextor 40x12x40

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kiriakos

I just got the Plextor 40x12x40 , and i also have in my system one Hitachi 24x CDrom and one Hitachi GD8000 DVD .

Do i need something better as reader in order to do on the fly recordings , of Cd's that the Plextor 40x12x40 can read and write too ?

Is any way, or software ,or comparison table to see what are capable my readers to read ?
Thanks ..

OP
Kiriakos

Kiriakos

Yes at the CloneCD site , they say that they like the Toshiba DVD ,but there is not any info if its the only one in earth that it does the job ..
So, i do need to find some more info about the readers and how is possible to deter-mint if one reader can do the job or not .

I do not have in mind something that i really need to do , i am just trying to see if my current setup needs any improvement .
Some one told me that the Liteon CD roms they read everything , but i need to know what my current readers can do ..
And yes we talk about the famous CD locks . :)

Johnny Knoxville

Disabled
Kiriakos said:

And yes we talk about the famous CD locks . :)

now we're talking ;)
ok the plextor can back-up audio cd's but not most games, a dvd-rom reader like the Lite-on 165dh (or 166s) can read those games for backup. look around the cdfreaks.com forums.

Johnny Knoxville

Disabled
I am not sure if you can backup a safedisk 2.51+ game with Lite-on DVD + Plextor CD-writer combo. I mean you can use just your Plextor but you will have to use AWS and you will not always be able to make a perfect copy of games. I know for sure that a Lite-on CDRW and Lite-on DVD-rom combo works for any game (except the new securom which are uncopyable at the moment).
I know for sure though that if you get a Lite-on CDRW, combining that with your Plextor CDRW you will be able to back-up anything (apart from the new securom games)

OP
Kiriakos

Kiriakos

Johnny Knoxville said:
I know for sure though that if you get a Lite-on CDRW, combining that with your Plextor CDRW you will be able to back-up anything (apart from the new securom games)

Hahaha yes this is the point .. doudle CDRWs can do the trick ;)
Thanks man for the help .. :)