• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicklgs

I'm thinking about building a new system and selling this one cause its Intel and gives me nothing but problems when it comes to gaming and that's what iam all about..so here are the computer I'm selling spec to the computer ill be building tell me what you think and if its a good trade.

Intel
600-Watt PSU
Pentium 4 w/ HT 3.0GHz
2.5GBs PC4200 533MHz
120GB Hard Drive IDE
GeForce 6800Ultra PCI-E
Asus P5ND2-SLI
Sound Blaster ZS2
DVD Burner
Stocked cooling

to a

AMD
510-Watt PSU
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 1MB Cache 2000MHz FSB Socket 939 San Diego Core w/ Cooling Fan
Asus AN8-SLI Deluxe nForce 4 SLI Audio/GB-LAN/IEEE ATX
Crucial Ballistix 1GBDDR 500PC4000(will upgrade to 2GBs)
Western Digital Caviar SE 80GB 7200RPM SATA150
XFX PVT70GUDE7 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI-E
Kingwin AquaStar AS-3000 Water Cooling Kit
PrimoChill PC ICE Non-Conductive Water Cooling Fluid - UV Green3/8"ID 1/2"OD Clear Vinyl Tube
Koolance HD-40-LO6 Hard Drive Cooler

Now this computer comes to about 1,200 little more and it has lighting and so on... would it be a good trade? Thanks

Yes in games you will see the diference. But what about multitasking ? You will not have HT anymore. But yes, if you will not be satisfied with multitasking, you will can upgrade to dual-core cpu. What about ram ? You will buy 2x512mb or 1x1gb now ? I will recomend you that you will buy 1x1gb, and then add another one, when you will need it.

Back