• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good two player XBox 360 / XBLive games that the wife might enjoy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Illah

Gears of War through my fully tweaked out home theater setup is awesome for me, but not so much for others in the house :D Apparently even my dog gets nervous due to me constantly cursing at the game (I suck at console shooter games after a loooong life in the PC world, so I fail in almost every battle at this point, haha).

Fun arcade type games would be it. In the past she like Sega Genesis Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, etc...games like that. Two player co-op games would be even better...I beat her in pretty much every head-to-head game we play and that turns her off pretty quickly :)

Thanks!

--Illah

Sounds like a perfect candidate for LIVE Arcade downloads. As far as disc games go, maybe Lumines, Tetris or Beautiful Katmarai?

My wife mainly plays with the Wii (pun semi-intended) because she likes Mario and likes the minigames she can play for short times and not have to invest 20+ hours in to defeat. She's crazy over Bust-a-Move as well.

Shoulda gotten a Wii :D

HAHA wow.

Uhh.. now that I really think about it... I can't really think of any 360 games that are family fun etc. I have 4 shooters on my 360 (F.E.A.R, CoD2-4, of which I only like 2 and 4, 3 sucked). Seeing as how I have only 5 360 games, I think that tells the most haha.

Gears of War through my fully tweaked out home theater setup is awesome for me, but not so much for others in the house :D Apparently even my dog gets nervous due to me constantly cursing at the game (I suck at console shooter games after a loooong life in the PC world, so I fail in almost every battle at this point, haha).

Fun arcade type games would be it. In the past she like Sega Genesis Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, etc...games like that. Two player co-op games would be even better...I beat her in pretty much every head-to-head game we play and that turns her off pretty quickly :)

Thanks!

--Illah

My wife and I enjoy playing Guitar Hero III co-op, well my wife likes it more than I do because she is much better at GH than me.

Other than that my wife usually doesn't like to play with me because I usually beat her or I suggest she create a WoW account. Whenever we make a bet, I always stipulate that if she looses she has to create a WoW account and play for X hours. Usually at that point she questions out loud why she married me and leaves the room.

My wife and I enjoy playing Guitar Hero III co-op, well my wife likes it more than I do because she is much better at GH than me.

Other than that my wife usually doesn't like to play with me because I usually beat her or I suggest she create a WoW account. Whenever we make a bet, I always stipulate that if she looses she has to create a WoW account and play for X hours. Usually at that point she questions out loud why she married me and leaves the room.

Usually when we play competitively I stipulate that if I win Edited for OCF content, remember we're a G rated forum

If you have a few friends over, maybe another couple, Rock Band would honestly be the best. You can also play online with other people if you don't like that either.

Rez, Rez, Rez, Rez, and more Rez.

I would murder you all for an Xbox 360 with a copy of Rez: HD

While it's not an MP game 'per se', it can still be greatly enjoyed by members of the opposite sex.

Unfortunately, Rez: HD doesn't work with the old-school 'Trance Vibrator', but they try to make up for that by making any controller with an established connection to the Xbox 360 vibrate with the music.

I'll leave you all to draw your own conclusions.

While this doesn't vibrate or anything, yoou might check out Lego Star Wars Complete Saga. You can play it co-op and in fact is more fun that way. I am having a ball with it when I get to play.

Yeah, my wife was never crazy about GOW either. Funny enough I just purchased Mass Effect last month and she absolutely LOVES it. Although that isn't two player.

I put in a vote for Rock Band, my wife loves that game. And Halo 3... go figure. Who would've thought, up until we got married the only game she had played was minesweeper.

Good luck.

+1 for Rock Band.

My brother bought it on New Years Eve. It's a blast. He played guitar, I played the drums, and my wife did the singing (she had choir in High School). She loved it.

I'll have to give Lego Star Wars a try.

+1 for Guitar Hero.

My wife digs the Dead or Alive games too. She's been playing DOA4 a lot lately. This past Christmas I got her Scene It on the 360. She loves that one too.

My wife has also been known to play Tony Hawk games (we used to play TH2 and TH3 a lot when we first started dating). She also liked Soul Calibur 3... we'll be getting SC4 when it comes out in a few months. ;)

Back