• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good water cooling cases?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Haturee

I'm looking for a case to replace the NZXT Phantom for my main rig.
I'm curious what you guys would recommend for good water cooling cases.
I'm not too opposed to having some external components, but I'd like to try
and keep it as much internal as possible. I'm not sure what components I'm
going to use for it yet either, but I want to keep my stuff super cold so any suggestions
on that would be great as well. My main rig is the one on the right in my sig!
I plan on gaming with it and getting into benchmarking. I got another 512 Sammy 850
coming to run my benching OS.

I know I've kinda been all over the forums lately and I appreciate the advice and time
you guys have given me! Thanks!

Lochekey, I'm not apposed to any. I've only ever used Full towers before.
I have taken a small liking to the look of some of the cubes, the 2 chambers
is a brilliant idea I thinl. And I haven't seen any open frames I like yet. So really
Anything is up for suggestion. All though cubed or Tower is preferred :)

Tir: That Tower case looks nice, right now its at the top of my list so far. :)
I'm looking at the differences between that and the Primo at the moment, both are fery nice.

Tir, Do you know the maximum length for GPUs in that case? It doesn't show it on new egg.

Loche, That case also looks amazing! Incredible how much room is in there, I have to watch some
videos on it shortly. But My initial impression is just WOW!

I have fallen for the Phanteks Enthoo Primo, It's a pretty great case with barely any flaws I feel like.
As I haven't ordered it yet I am still open to suggestions.

I did Like the look of the Thermaltake core x9, and It also had a bunch of space, but I think the Phanteks
blows it out of the water so far.

I think the whole Phanteks brand has just won me over.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the Enthoo Primo

I also see they make a sweet looking 1080 block as well.

Phanteks cases have impressed the hell outta me so far. Cable management is fantastic, and a lot of it is done when you open the box. +1 on Phanteks. Corsair 750D and 900D are great, too. The 900D is pretty imposing, and pricey, but it is a monument to builders of their own PCs. You can almost pitch a tent in one until the build is finished. LOL.

I think Ive seen the 750D, I will look up the 900 now.
I seen the Phanteks Enthoo Elite, it was very pricey, but I cant even
seem to find it in any stores online lol.
I also can't seem to find their 1080 block anywhere :(

I wa tched Hardware Canucks Review on the 900D and as beautiful of a case it is
I don't think I could spend that much money with so much lack of quality control.
Multiple things were broken and made it very difficult to do certain things.
But it was a gorgeous case with lots of potential.

So I'm pretty set on the phanteks prime, but the only issue I'm running into l, is te gtx 1080 is like 297mm long and this only supports 277 with the reservoir bracket installed. I'd have to do some more research on it.

Ok, if money is not issue take a look at the case labs sma8. But yes i also recommend phanteks enthoo luxe or primo. Another case that i really love is nanoxia deep silence 6, but i think there's no window side panel version since its a case insulated with sound dampening material.

edit: Since revision B there's a version with window.

Last edited:
So I'm pretty set on the phanteks prime, but the only issue I'm running into l, is te gtx 1080 is like 297mm long and this only supports 277 with the reservoir bracket installed. I'd have to do some more research on it.

Um, the Primo supports graphics cards up to 515 mm. The 277 mm is only if you use the included reservoir bracket mounted on the HDD cage.

Alaric, that's what I was saying. Are there other places to mount that? Or is it only that one option?

Looking a the deep silence 6 its a very nice case. I like it, but I still think the Primo or Luxe trumps :D

thanks for all of the suggestions! :)

Well, with dual radiators and custom cooling, a couple small holes drilled in the floor of the case is no big deal. :) There are also reservoirs that fit in a 5.25" bay (ODD bay) that keep the inside of the case looking clean. You could take out the bottom HDD cage (Phanteks) and mount the pump there below a bay reservoir.

I think I want to try and custom fit 2 resevoirs in the little side window somehow. It might be a little project :D

Back