• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good watercooling bundle for -$100 dollars?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nealer

Registered
I am getting sick of this noise comming from my f*cking delta fan and i want to look into watercooling. I have spend like 125 bucks on aircooling already (bought 3 heatsinks for $70, 4 case fans $25, 2coolpcfan for $30), and I am still not satisfied. I have done so much research on air cooling, and i am too lazy to start on watercooling now. All i know (or think, for that matter)is you need a waterblock, a pump, and either a water cooler or a reservoir, or is there more? I would like a nice quiet solution to run my Tbird [email protected]. Does anyone know a cheap bundle that is good quality and works good for -$100 or close to it. Im not looking to spend very much more money on this computer. And if there arent any good bundles, how about a site that has everything i would need.

Leufken Technologies Has some quality kits available that are well made and Tom is a nice guy to boot.

VERSION: COOL TOWER PRO

SPECS: Complete setup, includes full size four drive bay ATX case (3 1/2 drive bays useable), 350 watt supply . Leufken watercooler with 120mm radiator and 120mm fan. Speed control for fan to provide an 'ultra quiet' running mode. RIO 200 pump, aluminum water tank and copper block. COMPLETELY ASSEMBLED AND READY TO GO - YOU JUST ADD COOLANT. Case also includes built in USB hub and headphone jack in the front of the case (a little hidden compartment) This was made by an overclocker for overclockers.

$199.99 PLUS $8.00 SHIPPING

Yeah but make sure to get a DangerDen Maze2 water block. It's worth the little extra dough. The hold down device is built in so I can justify the cost a little better [img="[URL]http://forums.overclockers.ws/forums/Public/Images/Default/E28.gif[/URL]"]

Yeah, for 200 bucks im sure its good... I wanted something around 100 though....

Did you say it comes with a full tower case? I dont want to spend extra for a new case...

I was looking at teh dangerden website, the cheapest bundle that has a maze2 costs 192 dollars. The other 2 had a maze2 ones had a copper block as well. Does this help better for cooling, having a water block and a copper block together?

Nealer (Jul 20, 2001 09:27 p.m.):
I was looking at teh dangerden website, the cheapest bundle that has a maze2 costs 192 dollars. The other 2 had a maze2 ones had a copper block as well. Does this help better for cooling, having a water block and a copper block together?

I think your referring to the "Maze 2+1" or the "Maze 2+2" Those two versions come with a copper "coldplate" You need these versions if you are gonna use Peltiers (judging by your newness to watercooling, its safe to say your arent) The idea is to sandwhich the pelt in between the two and clamp the whole assembly to the chip. You would be better off getting the Maze-1 or the Maze-2 without the coldplate.

Now's an especially good time to order from DangerDen cause they have a new Maze2 design, and I'm sure it performs better than the old one (why else would they put out a new design?), and the old one performed pretty damn well! DD a great site to deal w/ too, they respond very quickly to your mail and they are very nice.

What kind of temps would i be getting with a water cooling setup with the danger den maze2. Also how loud would it be, that is my main reason for looking into watercooling

And thanks for the info mudguts.

Depends on your system....you should get close to room temperature. The pump you won't even hear when its inside your case, especially if you put a piece of foam or something to absorb the vibrations under your reservior. Choose a quiet fan for your radiator. I went w/ a Panaflo 120mm fan from 2cooltek. It moves about 70cfm of air @ 30dba

Back