• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Wired Router for gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Glock95

Hi guys long time lurker, just made an account because i need your guys expertise because im not really familiar with the whole networking thing. Basically i need a router or maybe a switch? To hook up my wii u, xbox, and PC to the modem thats in my basement. I dont need wireless at all because i prefer a wired connection and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks for helping in advance.

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
Do you already have a router in place? If you do a switch will work just fine for you. If you don't have a router then I'm partly confused how you have multiple devices on the network at once (without cable swapping :))

Something like a netgear 8 port switch will work well for you to give room to expand instead of a 5 port that would be almost filled up immediately.

OP
G

Glock95

Well my modem in the basement is a Router/modem combo. So heres whats going on, I have an ethernet cable running from the modem/router into my room where all the devices are, so if I want to use something else I have to unplug the cable from the PC and plug it into the xbox, or wii ect. So basically i need a something like a that will let me connect all my things at the sametime and it does not need to have wireless capabilities because the modem has that covered. I just done really know what i need and recommendations on what i need! :)

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
Basically anything from a good networking company running gigabit will do just fine.
Think Linksys, Cisco, etc.