• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED GoodRAM IRDM Pro 2x16GB DDR4-3600 - IRP-3600D4V64L17/32GDC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
Today is the second review which also covers the 32GB DDR4-3600 dual-channel memory kit. This time it's a memory kit from GoodRAM, a brand of Wilk Elektronik which is a Polish brand available on the market for ages. I still remember when Wilk Elektronik was manufacturing DDR modules on Infineon machines which back then were about the same as Kingston was using. Anyway, the time has passed and I had no chance to review any of their memory kits for a couple of years. For some reason, they also make problems sending anything for review but this memory kit was cheap enough that I decided to check it.
The tested memory kit costs around $120 inc. local 23% VAT.

Iridium Pro or in short IRDM Pro is the highest GoodRAM series. The tested memory kit is actually the highest in their offer. The XMP has programmed DDR4-3600 CL17-19-19 1.35V so not bad for a 2x16GB memory kit.
The memory kit is based on Hynix C-die IC. It usually says that we can count on quite tight timings at lower frequencies but it won't overclock really high. There are always exceptions but at least in case of this memory, I couldn't go much above the DDR4-4000.

Before I tell you some more about overclocking and present some tests, here are some photos of the memory kit.
Memory modules are equipped with aluminum heatsinks which are simple but also look pretty good. I only wish they finished the top a bit better as aluminum is clearly bent in the manufacturing process what shows cracked paint. Maybe I'm a bit picky but since it's the highest model then I would count it will look better.

Photos

As I already mentioned, the memory kit has one XMP profile at DDR4-3600 CL17-19-19 1.35V so looks like designed for Intel platforms. However, we've seen Patriot or other brand memory kits designed for AMD at CL17 too.
The XMP profile works without problems on Z390 and Z490 motherboards including ASUS, ASRock, and MSI.
All tests will be performed on the i5 10500 CPU, MSI Z490I Unify motherboard and MSI GTX1660Ti graphics card. Nothing really special but is a low power setup, still great for games and fits into really small ITX case :)

Overclocking results

DDR4-3200 CL14-18-18-36 1N 1.40V

DDR4-3600 CL17-19-19-39 2N 1.35V - XMP

DDR4-3600 CL14-19-19-36 2N 1.45V

DDR4-4000 CL18-21-21-39 2N 1.45V

Sadly, this is the end as I couldn't run this memory at any higher clock or tighter timings up to 1.5V and I see no point pushing it at much higher voltages only to drop CL by 1.
Considering the price, it's still pretty good RAM but I bet that is hard to get out of central EU.

Last edited:
Back