• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Goofin' with the System Properties box.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mr. B, quoted..
I also am curious, 1st off, who's the girl/nurse?? and 2nd, how did you change the "Windows logo" in the monitor graphic?? I'd rather have something there other than the dorky Windows logo myself. Please...do tell....

Mr B

emm... I cheated on the Windows logo in the monitor one!! lol >( :D :p :-o ^_^ I cut and pasted from overclockers.com main page logo. Cut the width and resized it so it can fit nicely~~ on that monitor graphics!

But the nurse girl is real. I had to work on formatting the background color because the pic was smaller, then saved it as bmp in the system folder. Sorry I answered too late. To answer Slake and Mr.B's question, emm... emm.... I can't tell you. im too shy. lol

hahaha.....ƒ~ƒ‹ƒN•², that's a cool pic!!! and that girl are awsome!!! but why don't u put a school girl, it will be even nice!!! hahahahaa......
:)

I had to dig through some old stuff to find this...
Ok Mr B here goes...

the following is in the file C:\Windows\System\Oeminfo.ini

"This magnificent computer is a" appears above the CPU blurb.

The support information button appears below the CPU blurb

[General]
Manufacturer=This magnificent
Model=computer is a

[Support Information]
Line1="Dodgey Bros Computer"
Line2="is more than just a computer"
Line3="It's a Dodgey Brothers Computer"
Line4=""
Line5=""
Line6=""
Line7=""
Line8=""
Line9=""
Line10=""
Line11=""
Line12=""
Line13=""
Line14=""
Line15=""

The piccy is from C:\Windows\System\Oemlogo.bmp
These are the same files you mentioned but mine results in having a button.
Maybe you cut and paste mine and alter the text to suit

Hey Mr B if you like this sort of thing and your into batch files I have a floppy I mostly created that would blow you mind, it has an ANSI menu and by pressing the right button those files your playing with would be automatically loaded and back up the originals if they existed.
The part I love most is the one that automatically runs fdisk putting in all the parameters for multiple partitions, restarts formats all drives and gives you a cdrom driver loaded all by pressing 1 button.
let me know if your interested...

Kryten (May 22, 2001 04:52 a.m.):
Hey Mr B if you like this sort of thing and your into batch files I have a floppy I mostly created that would blow you mind, it has an ANSI menu and by pressing the right button those files your playing with would be automatically loaded and back up the originals if they existed.
The part I love most is the one that automatically runs fdisk putting in all the parameters for multiple partitions, restarts formats all drives and gives you a cdrom driver loaded all by pressing 1 button.
let me know if your interested...
I actually would be interested in checking that out, if you are willing to share ? =)
J

stool (May 22, 2001 12:38 a.m.):
Gator is spyware. It does fill in your forms, etc, but it also keeps track of all your online activities(what sites you visit), and the next thing you know you start receiving loads of targeted spam.

Thats like what happended to me. I started getting these strange e-mails for no reason, and plus when you install gator, it installs that stupid and annoying Offer Comparison for you, which does a great job of showing you unwanted banners. Thats why I use IE5.5 autofill thing. and I don't like gator starting when windows starts

No worries SpeeDj, I created it to be shared, free and useful (a concept Bill will never understand), I must warn you it does contain a few small useful shareware programs and it would be your reponsiblity to ensure that the conditions of use are met.
I won't organise sending anything yet because I don't know how Daniel would feel about this and don't want to get in the S**t, does anyone know how to contact Daniel to ask?

ƒ~ƒ‹ƒN•² (May 22, 2001 02:50 a.m.):
But the nurse girl is real. I had to work on formatting the background color because the pic was smaller, then saved it as bmp in the system folder. Sorry I answered too late. To answer Slake and Mr.B's question, emm... emm.... I can't tell you. im too shy. lol

I think I've got a pretty good idea...... :-D

Thanks Shadow I will email Daniel now I he gives the Ok I will send you a copy.

Providing it's Ok with the D man not a problem, have sent email waiting on reply.

Compuwife...looks great. Well done!

Engjohn, the files are saved exactly the same as above, but in a different folder. Save them to " C:\WinNT\System32 directory " instead...

Kryten, I'd be interested in that as well, if Daniel approves of this...

I tried entering the [Support Information] like that, and it's shown the same in the article as well, but nothing happened...I didn't have a "Support Information" button appear. I did it exactly as you did (different text), and no button...any suggestions??

I un-installed Gator last night....messed up my rig bigtime.....running my backup hdd til I can finish fixing it...*sigh*

Mr B

hmmm if you cut and pasted them from my post and it still doesn't work, it is probably an NT thing, I tried those files on this machine with ME on it and it works fine, I have also used them on 95 and 98.
I don't have a NT based machine running at the moment, but I would guess it will be the directory your putting them in.
if yours doesn't have a WinNT\System folder (not system32) I dont know...

After trying a zillion different possibilities, I finally figured out you can't leave the first line of the [Support Information] text blank...

Worked after I changed it and removed the blank line there, and moved the text up to Line1.... Works, fine now...

Mr B

Congrats on getting it to work Mr B, will let you know about the disk when I hear back from Daniel

Mr B (May 22, 2001 10:49 p.m.):

Engjohn, the files are saved exactly the same as above, but in a different folder. Save them to " C:\WinNT\System32 directory " instead...
Mr B

Tried that, still did not work... Do you have to reboot or something?

Nevermind, I figured it out. I mispelled the file name..... :(

Back