• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Goofin' with the System Properties box.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Overload (May 21, 2001 11:19 p.m.):
Mr B (May 21, 2001 07:05 p.m.):
dunno260 (May 21, 2001 06:54 p.m.):
saving that tip, going to have some fun with that one(nothing inappropriate!). Also, you should uninstall gator, I am convinced that is some form of spyware program, but it took forever to nuke it. Kept coming back!

I've heard that about Gator before.....I've been looking for something similar to it, that is KNOWN not to be....any suggestions?? (laziness all around...hehehe...too lazy to type everything in, and too lazy to look for a replacement. DOH !!)

I also am curious, 1st off, who's the girl/nurse?? and 2nd, how did you change the "Windows logo" in the monitor graphic?? I'd rather have something there other than the dorky Windows logo myself. Please...do tell....

Mr B

try download accelerator athttp://www.speedbit.com
I use it and i like it a lot. no spyware

embarrassing... i must have been thinking of a different program. actually i dont know what i was thinking. i recongnize my mistake and appologise for MY confusion.

That's some really cool lookin' stuff you guys (and gal) have put together. Really glad I posted this. Sounds like a lot of people (like me) hadn't heard of how to do this little mod.

We've got some really creative people here, don't we??

Can't wait to see the stuff for the Badge Contest. Should be some dynamite stuff....

Mr B

I know who she is, ƒ~ƒ‹ƒN•²
lol, i wont say, but man, i've been waiting for someone to ask....

Mr. B,

Thanks for the cool tip! I'm sure I'll be messing with it as soon as I get home from work. Now.......to dig up a bmp.

J-dogg

I got this "tip" from the pages of MAXIMUM PC magazine (Apr '01, pg 64).

I'm happy so many people have gotten some fun out of doing this. I need to set mine up again, after nuking my WinME drive. (I installed Linux over ME by accident the other night...had to start all the way over.....DOH!)

Some really creative stuff folks...keep up the good work!

Mr B

Mr B (Jun 15, 2001 09:32 p.m.):
I got this "tip" from the pages of MAXIMUM PC magazine (Apr '01, pg 64).

I'm happy so many people have gotten some fun out of doing this. I need to set mine up again, after nuking my WinME drive. (I installed Linux over ME by accident the other night...had to start all the way over.....DOH!)

Some really creative stuff folks...keep up the good work!

Mr B
Oh man, that error SUX. I hate/love starting over from scratch. But I think your ME install was fairly fresh. I don't mind doing it about twice a year.

I'm gonna tweak my system properties Box after I get my new system back up with the P3 700.

Yeah, Slake, I did it a month ago....

I tried to uninstall "Gator", and it wreaked havoc while killing it off. I lost a month or so of e-mails, a bunch of jpegs I snagged here and there, and half a season's worth of NHL 2000 (the Bruins were 39-0-0, dang it!!) this time though.

Back to the drawing board....=)

Mr B

hehehe thought Mr B was at it again until I saw it was the same one from yonks ago

Back