• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Google > [H]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cowboy X

We are improving daily at team 32 but google is hard on our heels ....... the frightening thing is that google beat even Hardocp in production this week !!!!

They will overtake us all at this rate !

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
it looks like we are gonna have to beef it up:eek: Google....er... Default2 is going crazy. Great for the cause though, now we just have to step it up and help out the cause some more too!!!

FOLD ON
NAS

Mr. Chambers

belorsch said:
OK pretty soon I'm gonna want to see google's stats vs Default's stats.

they're actually worse in a sense than defualt, because at least default users KNOW what they're doing... i'd bet it'd be safe to say 80% of the people who download that toolbar just keep clickin next or whatever and dont care what the hell they're agreeing to... which IS good for the cause.. but there's just no way in hell we'll ever beat them at this rate, and they will only pick up more speed as more and more users switch to the new toolbar or it gets installed on more and more pc's..

muddocktor

Retired
Google is just default 2, just like NAS said, in my book! Where is their DC forum at?:rolleyes:

With that said, I've been checking a few things about Google with 1 of the machines I have folding for Icrontic. It seems like it is very easy to change the team number in the registry from google's(446) to the team of your fancy.:D This is where the userid and username was installed in the registry on this box , running Win2K: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-842925246-1935655697-1343024091-1000\Software\Google\DcClient . In there, all you have to do is to change the TeamNum key from 446 to whatever you want and it will start folding for the new team designation, as well as in the client.cfg file under c:\program files\GoogleDCC\GoogleFAH, from what I can tell. Unfortunately, it seems that the assignment server is presently FUBAR and it won't get any work right now, so I can't tell for sure that this works 100%.:rolleyes: When I changed the team number both in registry and also in the client.cfg file, it does start up for team 93, which is what I edited it for, since this rig was already folding for them before I started experimenting.

I've zipped up and attached the fahlog out of google's install so that you all can see what comes up when I played around with the team #'s in registry and the client.cfg file. Now all we need to do is have someone write a harmless little virus that automatically changes these team numbers and spread it on the net.;) Seriously though, you should be able to borg anyone's computer to the team of your choice when you run across a google toolbar with google compute running on it.:)

Last edited:

jbell

the real xtremesys admin in exile
Hey don't forget us!! we are ninth in top production and coming for you hehehehe