• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Google Is Back !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cowboy X

Google is back on statsman and is now putting out 101k so far this week and over 25k a day :eek: .

We have proudly hit 44k a week ........ but my goodness 101k :eek: . Good for the cause , but competition will now be wiped away in a few months ....... in fact weeks may be the case .

Twisted

Xtreme Tech Team Refugee
thats messed up...i agree thats it good for the cause but then there will be no competetion

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
muddocktor said:
Just ignore google, that's what I do as far as teams go. They don't count as a team in my book.
Exactly. On a side note, I downloaded the google toolbar, but for the life of me I could NOT figure out how to get it to fold, how do you activate it?

Rav

If you have the toolbar installed you have to wait for an "invitation" before the options becomes available. I wish there was a way to take google and anon off the statsman list. Maybe just an option in the address (...html?google=no).

-Rav

Edward2

I agree that Google should not be considered a team. I don't say that because they are out folding everyone, but because they are not organized and they are not really working together like a team. They are simply a bunch of people who are using the Google toolbar and elected to run the Folding client.

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
Rav said:
If you have the toolbar installed you have to wait for an "invitation" before the options becomes available. I wish there was a way to take google and anon off the statsman list. Maybe just an option in the address (...html?google=no).

-Rav

he had them off but many accused him of taking them off as a sign of [h] whining about not being the number 1 producer anymore, there were other factors for them being back, but i know that randy doesn't really want them there.

FOLD ON
NAS

Tinker32

Registered
I'm not really sure how Google could even be marginally considered a team. Team=active competition. If all there is to Google's team is a toolbar then something is drastically wrong. Someday I'd love to see [email protected] included in big name OS dist pkgs, however I wouldn't consider "Team Linux" or "Team MS" valid. They'd crush the spirit of competition (as Google has) and function as an anon effort. Would it be feasible to group these anon teams separately from the standard teams?

Basic criteria; how is a "team" defined by [email protected]? I suppose if Google meets the standard criteria then our vocalizations are indeed sour grapes. However, competition need not be squahed by the mega-folders. Instead of team score being a simple tallying of scores, what about ranking based on each group's standard deviation? Well, I'm sure someone could come up with a mathmatical formula that would give all participants a healthy competitive incentive and equal footing. ;)

gtsimmo

Google gives us a larger than life goal to aim for :D Come on let's stop whinning over it and get out there and keep on recruiting and let's get more rigs folding. We only need to triple our production. So get out there let all your friends know, and their friends and so on. Let no CPU cycle go unwasted!!!