• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Google is going to pass us in a few hours...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

muddocktor

Retired
When google has a forum where I can go and talk with their folding team, then I might consider them a real team. Until that happens, they are just "anonymous2" to me.

silent bob

Team 32 Folding Ghetto Hanging PC Senior
true dat true dat
hey do you think statsman would change that on his page?
that would be funny, and who is really going to complain , like you said they dont have a forum or anything , I think it would be a hoot

skou

Default II, the second coming of the un-named masses.

Can someone tell me the nickname of any entity on their [email protected] tean?

Lemmings, I tell ya, lemmings!

BUT I APPRECIATE THEIR FOLDING SUPPORT!!!

steve

mdcomp

Classic Administrator
Google is so annoying. I agree totally, until they have a forum with members discussing folding, I will just consider them anynomous. It is great to get all these wu's, but they truly aren't a team.

broken003

skou said:
Default II, the second coming of the un-named masses.

Can someone tell me the nickname of any entity on their [email protected] tean?

Lemmings, I tell ya, lemmings!

BUT I APPRECIATE THEIR FOLDING SUPPORT!!!

steve

yea I can tell you the nick...its
google12345....
google67890....

lame is what its called. its great to help out for the cause but its not a team and never will be. I wonder how many peoples systems are having overheating problems...too bad...

Flashfx2

Yeah just checked and they are only 400 points down... They are probably already passed, I don't know when the list was last updated. But like everybody else said they aren't really a team.

FoldingAddict

Intel Fanboy
I wish they did just so they could officially be called a team. I could create a very nice sounding analogy to show everyone that Google is 100% good, and shouldn't be hated, but that's pointless.

~FA

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
funnyperson1 said:

all those nameless people, who probably have no clue what [email protected] is, at least theyre helping the cause :)

woohoo to that! they are putting out a lot of proteins for the cause, just wish they didn't show up in the stats is all:D

FOLD ON
NAS

OP
EgeWorks

EgeWorks

hehe...check their team list. Subtract any points done by a googlexxxxx id and they don't really have many points. Oh well it's all for a good cause.

The_Mowman

Registered
I also agree that it sucks they passed us, but at least its nice to have their support, and I look forward to them passing the Aussies and them eventually sitting right next to all the other no namers.

Shad

muddocktor said:
I just checked at Stanford's Team stats and it's now official: overclockers.com has been passed by the Borg(google;) ) collective.:( I think that it would be nice if they had a forum so we could go give them a middle finger salute.:D

I hear you on that one. Wouldn't mind dropping a salute myself.. All in good fun of course..:D

I say we all go get loaded and forget about the borg, what else can you do?:beer: :beer:

macklin01

Computational Oncologist / Biomathematician / Mode
Hmm, we're really sounding like a bunch of sore losers here ....

I was "talking" (emailing) with Kyle over at [H] the other day, and I think it's more like the Google group is like a corporate-sponsored and organized time, and in that regard, the scores aren't really comparable. (Or perhaps like a corporate user with 23,000 computers.) But I think it's very important to not discredit or be jealous of Google's contribution. They're doing a good thing, and I have no doubt that each of their users must have felt it was a good thing to contribute to, or else they would not have turned on the feature and give access to their computers.

Just a few thoughts. -- Paul

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
Vijay is working right now with Goodgle to set up the toolbar to allow team # changes.

Google is doing a great thing for folding, lots of work and with the release of their toolbar they have helped to get the folding cause even more exposure!

FOLD ON
NAS