• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Google passed Rage3d today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maxvla

and we're NEXT!

holy moly that conflagration (nihili word :eek: ) is folding 200,000 points a week.

we are doomed before december.

The Coolest

:eek: Dang! C'mon guys! to the peltier shopping sites and our BIOSes! start OCing ;)!
That actually sucks, we gotta do something at least increase some performance, and get more people folding as we did when Rage3D was on our tailes, but we gotta do it much more quickly coz we ain't got the time! :bang head

OP
Maxvla

Maxvla

there is no way to combat this.

they have 17,000 active processors. we have about 1600.

Cowboy X

We paid no heed the ancient prophecies , like fools we clung to the old hatreds and folded as we had for generations ............. Until the day the stats rained fire and a new enemy came among us . We stand now on the brink of destruction for the age of Google has begun !

Anyone guess where that came from ;)
The tides of darkness have already swept over Rage 3d .

Rottys-R-Us

Jester
cussing.gif
cussing.gif

Last edited:

belorsch

Folding Monk
Call out the tshirt ninja'a. We need to infiltrate some Universities and Company's with the Team 32 [email protected] virus ;)

Really though. I might not approve of googles "Recruitment" methods, but these projects should get completed alot quicker with that much folding power on board.

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior

lol

Wommalong said:

LOL... but, what can we do? we are but a few and they are many:(

headshots :)

looks like will hit 5 million before the rest of us will, just kinda depressing to think that [h] is putting up awesome numbers and then you see a google and they are putting up what 3 to 4 times that.

FOLD ON
NAS

muddocktor

Retired
It's nothing to get worked up about. All they are is a renamed Anonymous, IMHO. They arent' in the same class as a forum team. Forum teams will still be very important to Pandegroup as we are the ones that help debug and test new methods! Can you see Pandegroup depending on google to help them in optimizing the Gromacs core? Not gonna happen. Do you see google telling Pandegroup that their servers are giving trouble? Not gonna happen either.

belorsch

Folding Monk
muddocktor said:
It's nothing to get worked up about. All they are is a renamed Anonymous, IMHO. They arent' in the same class as a forum team. Forum teams will still be very important to Pandegroup as we are the ones that help debug and test new methods! Can you see Pandegroup depending on google to help them in optimizing the Gromacs core? Not gonna happen. Do you see google telling Pandegroup that their servers are giving trouble? Not gonna happen either.
Good points Mr Mud! I was also checking earlier this morning and it looks like no one from that team is turning in those good 192 projects:D

Shad

belorsch said:

Good points Mr Mud! I was also checking earlier this morning and it looks like no one from that team is turning in those good 192 projects:D

That a good thing. At the rate they produce they would empty the 117 server very quickly if it could even meet the demand of 17000 more processors hitting it.

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
Google = Default II. No more, no less. Disregard the number.

[H] is still the highest ranking TEAM, followed by OCAU, then us (but not for very long, if we can keep up what we've accomplished of late...;) ).

Google, as Muddoctor noted, is not a team per-se. Treat the number like Default II.

B.

skou

Since Google crashed onto the scene, I have always considered them as NOT A TEAM. they don't collaborate ( thanks Nihili ) they don't communicate, they don't really know the 'system'. As a proud Geek, they, in no way, represent Geeks.

Google = default II

steve ( 8(l) Homer says FOLD LIKE T-SHIRT NINJA