• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Google passed Rage3d today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I dont really consider google as a team since there doing these special ways using people's computer to fold without them knowing what they got themselves into.

Darkseid said:
how is the google thing work????

Google has a downloadable search bar which many ppl like ( mainly newbies ) . After the bar is installed,some ppl ( not sure if it is random ) are invited to fold . the problem is that most newbies don't read the info well and still have very litle idea of what they are doing . The sneakier part is that it is almost impossible for the average user to then change the user name or team . Imagine how hard it would be for the newbies .

yes thanks, i´ve found for myself that on the google page, and yes as you said ypu cannot change the name or team, but they also say that if the demand for those features has great demand they will do it, and for me that is great!! because here where i work we have 21 pc´s in the main i have it installed folding, but it would be much more easy for me if it seems that i´m only installing the google toolbar in the next 20 :D it would be like 16-17 Ghz more for team 32!!

Fold for 32 .............. if you are having problems setting up the clients there are guys here who can help you . I saw someone post a how to , in which he changed the team to 32 :) , I don't think he was able to change the user name however .

Yes it is possible. yoiu have to change the config and change two settings in the registry.
OK finally got it working There is one snag to just changing the username and team number in the config. when you do this it gives you an error in the log because it stores the info in the registry. <<<Warning>>> Be careful when you mess with the registry<<</Warning>>> OK now when you bring the log into Notepad copy the google name it gave you, then open regedit. Search for the google name then change it to whatever name you want then change the team # to 32. now go out there and give your friends and family the google toolbar modified of course. Permision is still needed but it makes it easy for them to run. Good luck and fold on.

that is from this thread

Good luck and fold on.

Make sure you get permision first.

Actually permision is still needed to install it and run it. There is a guy from georgia that got into a lot of trouble for installing a screensaver distibuted computing project. I would hate to see anyone get into trouble.

Fold on!!!

If you mean permission from his workplace to install it ............ I 100% agree . But I was more thinking about permissin from google . Just a slight misunderstanding .

Back