• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Google question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MajinSSJVegetto

I was just reading another topic, and in it was a quote from stanford.

"Finally, the client/screensaver are available for download only from this web site, so that we can guarantee the integrity of the software. We do not support FAH software obtained elsewhere and prohibit others to distribute the software."

Doesn't that mean they don't support googles methods? Aren't you downloading the software from a non-stanford site?

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
MajinSSJVegetto said:
I was just reading another topic, and in it was a quote from stanford.

"Finally, the client/screensaver are available for download only from this web site, so that we can guarantee the integrity of the software. We do not support FAH software obtained elsewhere and prohibit others to distribute the software."

Doesn't that mean they don't support googles methods? Aren't you downloading the software from a non-stanford site?

yeah and this is what is kinda messed up :\ stanford lets google distribute the client, a modified client actually but won't let anyone else do it...

although as kendan mentions they are giving stanford a big hand with servers during the up and coming seti downtime!

FOLD ON
NAS

Kendan

Senior Punk
They have an agreement with Google. It is on the up and up. and it is getting a lot of work done plus they are going to be helping server side:D

Fold on!!!!

gtsimmo

Yeah it's kinda of messed up but lets face it. Google now has over 14,000 CPU's working for them. That almost 10x the numbers we have. Although many people doesnt agree with their methods, it;s going for a good cause. And remember the cause is important. Hey it's better them folding than it is if they were crunching for SETI right? ;)

chrismacan

gtsimmo said:
Yeah it's kinda of messed up but lets face it. Google now has over 14,000 CPU's working for them. That almost 10x the numbers we have. Although many people doesnt agree with their methods, it;s going for a good cause. And remember the cause is important. Hey it's better them folding than it is if they were crunching for SETI right? ;)

Gotta agree with that logic. Sooner the project is done the sooner we all benefit.

Sometimes the ends justify the means. Rarely, but I am convinced that this is one of those rare times. If it benefits ALL humankind then it MUST be good.