• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got a Duron 1.3Ghz? Please read!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelisX

Registered
Hey there. I recently aquired a very expensive keychain when I crushed my Duron 1000 under a heatsink/fan experiment. I now consider this an upgrade as I went out and got a Duron 1.3Ghz for 75$ Canadian, even. I checked the CPU database for this chip and there were very little entries for said chip.

My particular stepping is AHLCA, Year 2002, Week 20. I'll be getting into my second OC project, this one, later this evening, and will be trying to get the most out of this thing that I can on fan cooling.

I was just wondering what OC speeds others got with this chip and what their steppings were and if someone has a chip from the same stepping as mine anywhere. All numbers will be greatly appreciated.

Wommalong

Well i got a Duron 1.3GHz chip runs alittle hot (check sig) but shes good to at least 1.5GHz on air currently got her at 1.404GHz just buy uping the FSB (108) :D . Cos of the 13x Multiplier it is easy to up the speed. I had my Core volt at 1.89 for like two months running the whole time (Folding) no problem brought it back down to 1.75 (reads 1.76?) still no problem.

Only one problem my motherboard will not recognise the chip properly says 525MHz at startup but Sandra... says 1.404GHz so ill go with that. When benched i get the same sometimes beter then a XP1600:D ... only when it comes to using L2 do i fall back:(

Anyway let us know if you unlock the chip cos using the pencil trick dont work:(

papounet

Hmm, I hard-modded a 1200 to 1300 and pushed it to 1418 (13x109 FSB), It is getting quite hot (50c) with Air-cooling.

I can not up the FSB more on my Asus A7V (in fact I am likely to get down a notch or too, as I am getting artefact with 3d games)

OP
A

AngelisX

Registered
Well, here's the jimmy...

I had an A7V266-E board that gave me the option to up voltage, but my friend Phugbox lent me his A7S333 board as a replacement for my fried board (still undergoing diagnostics). This board doesn't offer voltage modifications through the BIOS, so right now I'm at stockvoltage, 13x110, full load gives me 50*C.

My heat problem comes from my Volcano 7 which has a thermoster (sp?). I'm seriously gonna cut it off and bind the two resulting cables together to get the higest possible cfm out of it, which'll bring the temps down. Right now, the highest the darned thing goes is 3900 RPM and I believe it goes to something like 5300.

I think a voltage mod will give me some push in the matter, but I'd like to know more about a "pentiometer". If you know what that is, let me know what the heck it might be. Apparently, according to Phug, it'll allow me to regulate voltage manual, much like a thermoster does it automatically, through resistance. Thanks, people.

Anaxagoras1986

The Duron runs on a 100DDR FSB, right? Has anyone made theirs run up to 166? I was considering getting one to mess around with seeing as how they are really cheap and I dont want to viod my waranty on my XP1800 yet.

Anaxagoras1986

I used to have a XP1600. It was defective though. And I have not bought a Duron chip...I was just wondering what type of BUS speeds they are capable of. I am planning on cranking up my 1800 some time, but not now. I actually may just wait for the hammers seeing as how my 1800 runs everything I have now fine

gtsimmo

THere's couple things to consider with a Duon 1300 and really any Morgan duron. The core limit is right near 1400 mhz. So getting pass that will require some serious volt mods and cooling, which will probably do alot more good on a XP1600, which is also very cheap. So the key is to unlock that duron and get to 1400 mhz or so but get the highest FSB speed possible. That's the key to getting a Duron Morgan to perform almost on par with an XP mhz for mhz, will for anything that doesnt require alot of L2 usage where the duron will obviously fall back

OP
A

AngelisX

Registered
The Duron I've got is unlocked and is, as above stated, running at 13x110. I'll be trying to get the highest FSB outta it, as you said, but I'm reading 1.77 Vcore right now and I can't change it unless I volt-mod, which will be comming shortly.

As an update, I snipped my termoster and rebinded the cables to get 5100 RPM instead of 3900. It's loud as hell, though! Anyhow, it's alright. Makes me know that my computer's THERE!

Wommalong

AngelisX said:
The Duron I've got is unlocked and is, as above stated, running at 13x110. I'll be trying to get the highest FSB outta it, as you said, but I'm reading 1.77 Vcore right now and I can't change it unless I volt-mod, which will be comming shortly.

As an update, I snipped my termoster and rebinded the cables to get 5100 RPM instead of 3900. It's loud as hell, though! Anyhow, it's alright. Makes me know that my computer's THERE!

We seem to have the same problem...sorry what you say...;)