• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

got a new 2400+ HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YahDude

Registered
is this a good one for overclocking?

AXDA2400DKV3C 9713606270014
AIUHB 0301MPMW

Decent. Definately not going to get as good of percentage as a 1700, but still good. I'm running mine at 2341MHz right now. I could go higher, but I would have to push the voltage higher than it's allready at and I want to keep mine pretty cool just because...im weird I guess.

OEM hs/f?

do you guys think the OEM hs/f will be sufficient for no O/C'ing for a while?

Re: OEM hs/f?

YahDude said:
do you guys think the OEM hs/f will be sufficient for no O/C'ing for a while?

yes it is (it's what i'm using right now) but it needs a little change

first remove the gay pink gum on it's base, the polish it very nicely till it shines like a mirror :D then use some top thermal grease like artic silver 3 or the new artic ceramique, with this simple change i managed to lower my cpu temperature 7º+, but keep in mind to get a proper cooler when you get the money for it (i'm still up to it, in the meantime i've already bought a new cpu (a nice 1700+ :d ) loadsa ram (the 2x256 on the sig) and i'm almost sure that i'm gonna buy a fancy enermax before i really get to spend some more money on cooling :(

Back