• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got me a Gigabyte 7VRX KT333 board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

Well I bought a Gigabyte 7VRX KT333 based board. Gonna see how much of a differebce I get over my MSI K7T266 Pro raid board.

The version I bought does not have raid. NIcce board so far very easy set up. Guess next is to unlock my XP1800. Purchased the board for $159 Canadian which is $100 US. Supports ata133 and USB 2.0, agp v adj and dimm v adj plus overclocking to 200mhz in 1 mnz increments. Takes pc1600 to pc 2700 ddr ram.

Cisco Kid

Disco..Rules!

Registered
keep us posted..

Nice board.... Ive been reading up on those boards and they seem sweet......... let us know how it goes and good luck ... if you can post about any stability probs, It seems touch and go for the 333 and I have several apprehensions about buying that chipset..... but that giga - board does look sweet with some even sweeter features live update, dual bios, highpoint raid...(drool) fighting to put down cc, ....must fight urge to order....

let us know and good luck

OP
C

Cisco Kid

Yeah I will post some Sandra scores soon as I have tweaked it out. I did not get the raid version of the board as it was not available yet, but so far the board works well.

Cisco Kid

Arghuin

well done

Congrats on your purchase :)

Btw, does this board support PCI/AGP dividers? (I am thinking about building myself a new rig but somehow I don't think my Audigy would love the raised FSB very much :D )

OP
C

Cisco Kid

It does not have pci or agp dividers but it does have everything else. vdimm adj up to 2.8 and agp adj to 1.8. (Epox offers the pci/agp divider option but board is not available here yet!)

I am able to run my Crucial at 166 fsb with the voltage upped to 2.8. I am able to turn on the 333 feature, but I get kicked out of 3D Mark2K1 after 3 tests, so it is due to the ram.

I am impressed with the Crucial and I can definitely see that pc2700 cas 2 will really make the board take advantage of the increased mem bandwidth.

I am getting Sandra scores of 2100/1970 using the above setting with no overclock on cpu. I expect that with pc2700 cas 2 I should get into the 2300-2400/2000 -2100 range which is pretty darn good.

I plan to buy a 512 stick Corsair pc2700 cas 2 that a friend has brought from California.

Cisco Kid

Arghuin

Niiice

:cool:

I wasn't aware that Epox offered dividers :eek:
I believe that they don't actually (after seeing a couple of reviews with PCI bus measurements on the web where the 'divider' was supposed to 'automatically kick in')

Are we talking about the 8KHA+ and the 8K3A+ boards?

OP
C

Cisco Kid

Well after adjusting the vcore voltage +5% I was able to complete 3 Dmark2K1 with 166 fsb and 333 setting turned on using pc2100 Crucial, not too darn bad at all.

PC2700 gonna make a big difference.

Yes I was talking about the new Epox KT333 board, I thought I had read it has agp/pci dividers, must have been wrong, here is a review of the GA and Epox, pretty much equal

http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=review&dId=211&dPage=1

Cisco KId

Arghuin

It's right here

I had seen the Gigabyte review yesterday :)
The pci/agp divider issue I was referring to had to do with the 8KHA Epox board, and you can see it right here:
http://www.overclockers.com/articles554/

So, I 'm wondering what the situation with the 8K3A series of mobos is, since in all of the reviews I've seen, I have been unable to find anyone mentioning a feature such as pci/agp dividers :eh?:

OP
C

Cisco Kid

Re: It's right here

Arghuin said:
I had seen the Gigabyte review yesterday :)
The pci/agp divider issue I was referring to had to do with the 8KHA Epox board, and you can see it right here:
http://www.overclockers.com/articles554/

So, I 'm wondering what the situation with the 8K3A series of mobos is, since in all of the reviews I've seen, I have been unable to find anyone mentioning a feature such as pci/agp dividers :eh?:

Does not offer it the KT333 board

Cisco KId

RoadWarrior

Hi there Cisco, I am putting an order in for one of these, from anitec in BC, I got the impression from some literatrue when I was reading around that the FSB only goes to 161Mhz????? That's not true right? Maybe it was one of the older 266A board that that info got confused from. So you're saying it does 200? Sweeeeeet!

Did you buy from anitec? If so, and if you bought the XP at the same time, what stepping did you get?

Thanks,

Road Warrior