• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my 1700 tbredb-oc results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NetDaemon

Registered
I just got on Monday my tbred B 1700+ (DLT3C JIUHB). The first thing I did is...but of course to oc that thingy. So...lowered the multiplier at 7 to find the max fsb. Starting at 160, prime-ing 1 hour, stable. Raising the fsb to 170, prime-ing 1 hour, stable. Raising the fsb to 180, prime-ing 1 hour, stable. Raising the fsb to 190, prime-ing 12 hours, stable. I tried setting the fsb to 200 this morning and I got an error in the very first calculation of prime. Raised the voltage to 1.525...The same...Lowered the mem timings a bit and I don't get any error (at least not at the beggining). I 'll go for 24 hours prime to make sure that everything works fine. Btw, the board has A3(north), A3(south) stepping.

Day 2
-------

Achieving 200 fsb:

got an error after 4 hours with timings 2-2-2-6 and 1.525 vcore
got an error after 9 hours with timings 2.5-3-3.7 and 1.525 vcore
prime-ing with timings 2-2-2-6 and 1.525 vcore and raised the
vdimm a bit.

error after 9hours and 40 mins with the previous settings.
Testing now @ 200 with 2.5-3-3-7, 1.525 vcore and ~2.7 vdimm

I am thinking that the noname-crap 300 watt psu might holding me back.

prime at 200fsb with 2.5-3-3-7, 1.525 and 1.550 with 2.9 vdimm failed after 3 hours and 2 hours respectively (I don't know why this is happening). Trying at 1.6 and 2.5-2-2-6. To be honest I raised it to 190 so easily that I was expecting to get it up to 205-210. It seems that 200 will be achieved but I am not sure for more than that. I was thinking about adding some cooling to the sb and mosfets but they are fairly cold to touch. I am 90% sure that the f**ing psu is holding me back. If anyone has any ideas feel free to share them with me.

WarriorII

Moderator #666
What's your 5v line reading?

HOOT has an easy mod if it's too low.

but I don't know about your board.

If it is the PS, then nothing but a better PS would help.

Congrats, I'm still waiting on my "B".
:D

OP
N

NetDaemon

Registered
It is fairly low. Around 4.70-4.75. I was thinking of doing the mod but then I thought that a new psu would be necessary anyway. The board works just fine...I am really happy with it. Anyway...I am waiting for other suggestions also because I am clueless in this matter. Thanks in advance

zabomb4163

have you tried burning in your ram with memtest? many get alot higher after runing it for 24hours

gogadgetman

it could be your PSU i had trouble getting stable O/C (see signature) until i bought my Antec 480W True Blue PSU. In fact i killed to cheap PSU'S both generic one was a 350W and other 550W.

OP
N

NetDaemon

Registered
I was thinking...As I said my memory sticks are 2 x 256 XMS 3500. So they should be more than enough to run sync at this fsb...right?