• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got My 2.4c Today! Let's Have Fun!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rasputin'sLiver

counselor of clock
Techmole actually delivered a week 10 2.4c to me for just under $190.00! :) They came through!:eek: they shipped it in the biggest box i've ever seen with about 10,000 peanut-shells! lol...better safe than sorry i guess.

Just installed it and it's showing all the signs of being a party animal--it's humming along 15minutes into it's life at a fsb of 255mhz which i believe clocks this thing in at around 3.13ghz... it's needed a slight amount of juice to get here-- 1.6v.core.

here are the vitals:

SL6WF
Pack Date: 4/29/03
FPO/BATCH#: L310A675

hoping for 275 mhz or better....

not bad good start, so what are u waiting for? keep goign till u hit a wall

jdmcnudgent said:
yeah bud. its either mobo or mem problems, i had the exact chip that i traded to nuttz, and it did 290 on default.:eek:

ps, joe said that the oc gods gave you their blessing.;)

cant seem to stabilize it over 3.1 no matter how much juice i give it!:(

the gods are angry... but i've only just begun.

290 at default is a dream right now. 3.3ghz would be terrific! but i don't think this chip is going to hit azn's magic 275 mark without some work. it boots up to 270 but with extreme voltage and without stability. i'm wondering if my ram is holding me back?

twinMOS 3700 256x2. could the ram be the bottleneck? :rolleyes:

sandra mem bandwidth very nice though. 5510/5530.

Set that TwinMos PC3700 to 2.8vdimm or 2.9v and set the timings to spd. I have some of that Ram and it loves voltage and hates tight timings. Just a thought if you have not already done it.

Rasputin'sLiver said:
Techmole actually delivered a week 10 2.4c to me for just under $190.00! :) They came through!:eek: they shipped it in the biggest box i've ever seen with about 10,000 peanut-shells! lol...better safe than sorry i guess.

Just installed it and it's showing all the signs of being a party animal--it's humming along 15minutes into it's life at a fsb of 255mhz which i believe clocks this thing in at around 3.13ghz... it's needed a slight amount of juice to get here-- 1.6v.core.

here are the vitals:

SL6WF
Pack Date: 4/29/03
FPO/BATCH#: L310A675

hoping for 275 mhz or better....

hmm..

interesting, because mine won't go past 261 without being unstable. no matter what volts I give it or anything.. right now at 261 it's on stock voltage.. :eek:

I was wondering if it was the memory as well so I tried the 3:2 divider but it still wouldn't boot, so something is stoping me from going higher. Memory is at 2-3-3-6 @ 2.7 (2.5 actual), tried going with SPD but no go as well..

pack date is 4/07/03, FPO/Batch is L310A579, pretty close to yours..

Re: Re: Got My 2.4c Today! Let's Have Fun!

Zaynee said:

hmm..

interesting, because mine won't go past 261 without being unstable. no matter what volts I give it or anything.. right now at 261 it's on stock voltage.. :eek:

I was wondering if it was the memory as well so I tried the 3:2 divider but it still wouldn't boot, so something is stoping me from going higher. Memory is at 2-3-3-6 @ 2.7 (2.5 actual), tried going with SPD but no go as well..

pack date is 4/07/03, FPO/Batch is L310A579, pretty close to yours..

same here. 260 seems to be the max for stability no matter how much juice or no matter what ram timings. i wish i could give my ram some more gas but 2.8v is all my aopen board will allow. :(

still getting some excellent benchies, so overall i think i improved my rig over my 2.4b, but i was hoping to ramp this buggy up higher.

so it could be the chip or the board i guess...

i really believe that most of the 2.4's will likely average 3.0-3.2 gigs....

remember this is the same 13 nm process as the 2.4b's and they averaged probably 3 gigs (i know some more...but some less)...so the newer stepping 2.4's will probably hit 3.2 average...

Re: Re: Re: Got My 2.4c Today! Let's Have Fun!

Rasputin'sLiver said:

same here. 260 seems to be the max for stability no matter how much juice or no matter what ram timings. i wish i could give my ram some more gas but 2.8v is all my aopen board will allow. :(

still getting some excellent benchies, so overall i think i improved my rig over my 2.4b, but i was hoping to ramp this buggy up higher.

sorry to hear that you can't go much further then 260fsb...

btw, is it realy better then your last OCed rig?
in real world benchies, like Q3A, commanchie4 demo, and UT2K3...
what about 3dmarks and pcmark2k3?

mica

Re: Re: Re: Re: Got My 2.4c Today! Let's Have Fun!

micamica1217 said:

sorry to hear that you can't go much further then 260fsb...

btw, is it realy better then your last OCed rig?
in real world benchies, like Q3A, commanchie4 demo, and UT2K3...
what about 3dmarks and pcmark2k3?

mica

i'll letcha know! ;) i've been trying to just find the best stable o/c operating speed so far... just been running a few sandra benchies and some 3dmark. gonna run some prime95 to see if its stable.

the 2.4c just feels a little faster to me. you know that sense you get when a chip is just a little better?:D i sense that with this chip. computer boots up faster, shuts down faster, programs seem to open faster... maybe its my imagination. but i'll run tons of benchies over the next couple of days.

jdmcnudgent said:
im convinced that its your board. i just talked to nuttz, and hes at 290fsb right now on default, same everything that you have for the chip, pack date and week.:(

i've been thinking about laying this board off or putting it out to pasture at my office and getting either the ic7 or the asus... i think you might be right.

Rasputin'sLiver said:

i've been thinking about laying this board off or putting it out to pasture at my office and getting either the ic7 or the asus... i think you might be right.

what are your voltage rails like?
and what is your northbridge temp???

mica

hmm. haven't checked the rails or the northbridge temps. i'll check 'em out. of course aopen doesnt have a good hardware monitor but i guess i better snag one now. motherboard monitor here i come.

Back