• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

got my 2.4c today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

j2me_tech

got myself a 2.4c just now for usd195. it's a SL6WF with fpo/batch # L310. since that alot of ppl having problem after 275fsb with ic7, i changed the fsb straight to 280fsb with default vcore, divider 5/4, ram timing by spd(gonna tune it later), & without running any benchies nor reinstall my windows, i run prime95 straight for burn in, & here's the screenshot:

my_rig.png

edited:
there's some problem loading the screenshot, do it manually if no image popup.
url = http://uk.geocities.com/j2me_tech/
filename = my_rig.png

OP
j2me_tech

j2me_tech

updated:
299fsb.png

prime wasnt stable, just a screenie. but so far havent reboot :). going to reinstall my windows now. will keep guys posted. :D

p.s
still problem loading the image, do it manually thanks.

url = http://uk.geocities.com/j2me_tech/
filename = 299fsb.png

y23kc

Registered
Wow, 299fsb on the IC7 with stock cooling? That's pretty impressive. What batch/stepping is it?

stereo555

Overclocking is music to my soul
Nice going there j2me_tech ! ;)

Cant wait for my 2.6C to arrive and give it a run on my IC7 .

AAAHHHH... the glories of a new cpu to burn-in :D

I hope to fair past the dreaded 275 FSB myself .
(not too worried really with a 2.6C)

I have noticed my IC7 is definitly getting better with age , even with my current 2.4 SL6RZ .

Com'on FedEx guy !!!

stereo555

Last edited:

skitZo`

Registered
Dang check using intel spec finder couldnt find any info on SL6WF . Maybe the database isnt updated yet.

j2me we`re still waitin for your results

OP
j2me_tech

j2me_tech

s555:

u'll reach at least 280 safely..keke..i've been worrying bout dreaded 275fsb too..tat's y i jumped straight 2 280fsb when i got my 2.4c..but now?:D :D :D

sangapski

nice OC...
i'll have my 2.6C later today...
but cant order my board till end of the week :( ...
still undecided on which board to get P4C800 or IC7-G ...

maj1ck

I have switched over the darkside and replaced my NF7-S/2500+ with the IC7/2.4C
AND
holy **** this combo is amazing. Its great to be able to bump up fsb from 200 to 275 right off the bat and have it run stable on STOCK volts and HSF.... incredible.
sangapski, from my past experiences with Abit and Asus... I will ALWAYS pick up any Abit board over Asus :D

stereo555

maj1ck said:
AND
holy **** this combo is amazing. Its great to be able to bump up fsb from 200 to 275 right off the bat and have it run stable on STOCK volts and HSF.... incredible.
sangapski, from my past experiences with Abit and Asus... I will ALWAYS pick up any Abit board over Asus :D

Welcome to the "oveclockers side" maj1ck ;)

and ...

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS !!! :D :D :D

stereo555

micamica1217

maj1ck said:
AND

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS.

nice OC, and yeah, the reason you don't need any extra voltage is that the IC7 has a great voltage regulator....

see if you can go higher with a slight bump in voltage...don't go over 1.7vcore.

and what are your temps, and what HS are you using????

mica

maj1ck

Thanks for the welcome! :D
Using Intel stock HSF for now and downclocked it some b/c it was running quite hot
was at about 50C idle...
Tomorrow my P4 adapter for my TC4 comes in and we'll see how far i can push this :D :D

batboy

Senior Moment
I'm beginning to suspect the first IC7 mobps off the production line aren't as good as the later ones. I ordered mine as soon as it was available and can't get past 275 FSB. I'm tempted to try another IC7 and see it my theory is correct.

Manoj

batboy said:
I'm beginning to suspect the first IC7 mobps off the production line aren't as good as the later ones. I ordered mine as soon as it was available and can't get past 275 FSB. I'm tempted to try another IC7 and see it my theory is correct.

Well my Abit IC7 is also from the early batch and I can run it stable at 303mhz (5:4 mem) and can boot into windows at 310mhz (3:2 mem).

stereo555

Manoj said:

Well my Abit IC7 is also from the early batch and I can run it stable at 303mhz (5:4 mem) and can boot into windows at 310mhz (3:2 mem).

*edit*
I too have been thinking the same as Batboy , but I wont find out for sure till later this week .

Also....

I am having a strange AGP slot or video card problem pop up lately , but its pretty rare .

Hey Manoj just curious ....
With that nice pair of Raptors , how come your not doing RAID0 ?

stereo555

Last edited: