• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my AGOIA & HSF Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

i810 Forever

FINALLY got my chip from NewEgg (a few of us got stuck with AROGAs for some reason, 10 days later I got an AGOIA). Its an AGOIA Y 0212. Good/bad?

I have everything together I just need to put the heatsink on (a Thermosonic Thermoengine), and I'm a tad nervous about crushing the core. Just install it like I did on the Coppermine, right?

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
0212 is one of the better agoia Y steppings...0213 is the best..as you might have heard

i had that heatsink..and installation is a sinch.

just make sure your case is flat on the ground (ive heard of people trying to do this while it was standing up...yea.) and lay the heatsink on the chip
attach the side of the clip that doesnt have the screwdriver hole in it...and then use a flathead screwdriver to push down the other side...you might put a credit card..or something on the side that you are pushing down with the screwdriver...just to be safe, but its simple