• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my radiator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

frostmeister

Anyone that remembers my thread 5 months back on making a radiator is probably going to laugh now, but I went and bought a radiator the exact spec I was going to be making - size wise - and black
radiator.jpg

So we'll see how this bad boy does today. I hope to use it passively - just mounting it on the case side and using PSU fan and exhaust fans to draw the air through the radiator as the inlet. The CD is there to show size comparison - it's about 40cm long, and 12cm wide - for 3 120mm fans. My current temps are around 30C idle as reported by MBM for the CPU. This is with a room temp of 16 - 20C and water temps of 24. I'll have to see what improvement this new radiator makes over a be-cooling aquacoil... I'll post and tell :)

OP
F

frostmeister

Yep, all copper / brass construction, bleed screw up top - opposite end to inlet/outlet. I got it from www.over-clock.co.uk, for the sum of approx £80 - about £90 all in with carriage. I'm putting drilled out (10mm ID) bsp barbs in with teflon tape and going to do a straight swap for my present radiator and bleed it before re-testing. It really is quality construction though... I may take a close up of it before putting it in my system :)

OP
F

frostmeister

Hmm, well, mixed news. I'm still getting about 30C idling, but in a slightly warmer room, with longer tube lengths and the water temp is about 26C. I'm going to have to measure it with a thermal probe for real temps not just MBM figures though. I would say this is a b*tch to bleed, I was there turning and twisting the setup, and it took a good hour to get bubbleless. There are spots and nooks and crannies which are still air filled I think, and I've just left the rad as it is, but as it's a temporary measure anyway, I'm not too fussed. It's got the same performance as my old setup so far, with a few things that can and will be improved upon.