• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my V1000B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daba

V1000B Pictures & Comments

Pictures do no justice. The finish on this case is excellent. Lightweight too!

I'd also like to provide some evidence that the V1000 has no problems whatsoever with cooling:

3,0C @ 3,6 ... SP94 & ThermalTake Smart Case Fan
Load 36C
Idle 25C

inside_small.JPG

2004v6_front.JPG
2004v6_back.JPG

Edit: Here are some HUGE pictures (eyecandy, as per request):

v1000b_huge.zip (16.5 MB)

Edit: Cleaned up the wiring on the inside.

Last edited:

arabarabian

I have toyed with the idea of getting that case for myself but because of the high price it has draw me into remission to redetermine my priorities; whether my enclosure should be so pricey so that it cripples my monetary funds to keep me from obtaining other hardware for more overall system performance; this question has been very pothering to me.

OP
D

daba

Price was definitely an issue for me, but I ended up getting it new for about $200 shipped because of a coupon. I just couldn't resist the professional and classy design (in fact I had to stealth the second drive bay). No more flashy cases for me.

I am a bit dismayed that I can't mount the ThermalRight XP120 on there... as you can see the SP94 barely fits.

Last edited:

w00p

Well, you can see it positively, too: PCI exhausts will make so much more a difference, now.
Also, you can be original/a nitpicker and for once mod a window on the OTHER side of the case. :D

devilscow22

looks great but i dont like the layout on the bottom. I think the vertical divider next to the PSU cables should not be there or be farther away so you dont have to cra all your cables in. The horizontal divider seems like it could get in the way of mods on the heatsink and i peronaly would rather have the HDDs under the 5.25inch drives. I like that nice big fan right next to the CPU/GPU and i also like the look of the case.

OP
D

daba

Vio1:
Sure, how big of a res do you want them at, and of what? I'll link to them if they are bigger than 1024x768.

devilscow22:
Some PSU's do not fit because of that issue. I actually turned my PSU upside down so that the fan would suck air in from the bottom (where there are also vents). In fact, the entire bottom is perforated with holes.

The wall separating the HDD's, PSU, and everything else is great in my opinion. The mounting system for the HDD's is efficient, sturdy, and otherwise excellent! It's a bit hard to hide the cables though.

OP
D

daba

dukat said:
is the 120mm fan on the back the only fan that provides airflow to the mb?

Yes, it is the only active airflow into the case. But as you can see the case is riddled with holes. Doesn't seem to be a problem though according to my temps.

Vio1

Daba, can you post some pics of the insides... from different angles (looking to the front to the back, at the HDD section, at the whole side of the case, some back pics...

As to res, the higher the better. Thnx

OP
D

daba

I'll take pictures later when I disconnect my computerto reroute that SATA cable. I purchased the second stealth cover from any vendor that sells Lian-Li accessories. The model number is C-01B for black, or C-01 for silver. Please note that the screws that come with the C-01B do not fit in the V1000B. The stealth bay cover that comes with the V1000B has a specially drilled hole for a larger screw, the C-01B has much smaller holes. You will have to either use spare nuts and bolts or purchase some from a hardware store.