• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

got nothing, would appreciate help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Absolute Zero

ok, i just hooked up my first watercooling setup, i have good flow, water temps around 16 c (it's in my very cold basement). my problem is that my a7n8x dlx rev 2.0 won't post. i thought maybe you needed a cpu fan plugged in to get it to post, but i tried one of my case fans. i took everything out, reseated it, still the same. i experienced the same problem when my heatsink had popped of the clips, but i know that the waterblock is making good contact. i think i fried a barton whenever this had happened before, so i want to make sure i get this right.

i have an eheim 1250 pump, a danger den rbx, and a heater core off of an old car (in good shape). i would be "much obliged" for any assistance rendered.

edit: just tested, it does post and perform beautifully with the hsf i had on if before, this must be a watercooling problem...

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
You might be shorting out somewhere. I had this problem with my Chaintech Zenith and my Swiftech MCW462 and the MC462. So around the mounting holes I put electrical tape and the helped.

OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

yes, i used danger den's washers.

i can't be shorting out because of mounting, it works with the other hsf. plus i've got it on a non conductive surface, not really mounted.

Axis

You mean you just took the water block of the CPU and left everthing in the case and plugged in... and you just put the HSF back on and it worked?

OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

yep, the only thing i changed was that i took the rbx off and put the old hsf on and it worked. i am baffled.

Axis

Wow that is really wierd? Are you sure you are mounting the WB right? Did you disable stop post on "all errors" in the BIOS?