• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got Radeon 9800ProXT! but...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neeseius

First look at my stats, as you can see I have the Pro XT but i am only getting 12500 on my 2001 3dmark scores, isn't that slow?

Tomorrow though im getting an XP Barton 2500+, with a brand new mobo that will support a 400fsb, and that crazy fast ram i got, so how much will that bring me up? and if there is something wrong with me scores tell me now!

thanks

CamH

PC3500 should get you above 220MHz FSB fairly easily. That'll get you well above the 3200+ range.

Go for the NF7 motherboard! It's a good one!

Top Hat Theater

I just benchmarked my sister's machine which is:

2500 @ 200x10
BBA Radeon 9800 XT (stock)
2x512MB Mushkin Black Level 2 PC3500 in dual channel
Abit NF7

Her system scored 18K with the Catalyst 3.10 drivers.

~THT

Subaru

Disabled
I think it would be your mobo. Maybe you forgot to turn on the agp slot, and it's detecting the videocard as pci. Also, check the 8x agp in the bios. Or you may need to downlaod the mobo driver.

CamH

Neeseius said:
also in my device manager it has two 9800XTs listen under display is that a problem?

Primary and secondary displays. Not a problem at all. You can have two monitors.

Evnas

Subaru said:
I think it would be your mobo. Maybe you forgot to turn on the agp slot, and it's detecting the videocard as pci. Also, check the 8x agp in the bios. Or you may need to downlaod the mobo driver.

The problem is this: his CPU is stock. If your running your system at stock speeds, do NOT count on 3DMark 2k1 as a reliable source of your video card performance. Instead, use 3DMark 2k3. 2k1 relies extremely heavily on FSB speeds.

With the Barton you will notice a very large jump, but again, use 2k3 if you want to see video card performance, as opposed to total system overclock performance with 2k1

micamica1217

Evnas said:

The problem is this: his CPU is stock. If your running your system at stock speeds, do NOT count on 3DMark 2k1 as a reliable source of your video card performance. Instead, use 3DMark 2k3. 2k1 relies extremely heavily on FSB speeds.

With the Barton you will notice a very large jump, but again, use 2k3 if you want to see video card performance, as opposed to total system overclock performance with 2k1

agreed.

mica