• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gots my linux running and folding now help me with a few thinks plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hank123

gots my linux running and folding now help me with a few thinks plz.

1. a CPU-Z like program
2. everest or core temp something that will let me see my temps.
3. how do i check my CPU load?

System/Admin/ System Monitor = for cpu loads.

Do a search for Fahmon in Linux, Shelnutt2 did a write up about it some where in here.

CPUid ? yeah, sure. lolz not. (as far as I know)

Read all of this post before you do anything option 2 might be easier.....
lm-sensors. If you're using ubuntu, goto system. then administration, synaptic package manager and search for lm-sensors. click the empty box, select mark for installation, then the big apply button. Might tell you it needs additional packages just agree usually. might have to click another "ok" button. Then after it installs open a terminal, and type sudo sensors give your pswrd and it should (if everything worked correctly a temp reading for at least the cpu.

OR!!!! right click on the top menu bar, add to panel, and look for hardware sensors monitor. that will give you readouts on the menu bar. BUT!!! I think this option will only show up after you install lm-sensors but you might give it a try before you install lm-sensors to check that.....

gots my linux running and folding now help me with a few thinks plz.

1. a CPU-Z like program
3. how do i check my CPU load?

Here is a sticky in the Alternative OS forum you should look at:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=486495

Also lm-sensors can show the temps in linux, however they have never reported my AM2 3600+ temps correctly in Debian.

Read all of this post before you do anything option 2 might be easier.....
lm-sensors. If you're using ubuntu, goto system. then administration, synaptic package manager and search for lm-sensors. click the empty box, select mark for installation, then the big apply button. Might tell you it needs additional packages just agree usually. might have to click another "ok" button. Then after it installs open a terminal, and type sudo sensors give your pswrd and it should (if everything worked correctly a temp reading for at least the cpu.

OR!!!! right click on the top menu bar, add to panel, and look for hardware sensors monitor. that will give you readouts on the menu bar. BUT!!! I think this option will only show up after you install lm-sensors but you might give it a try before you install lm-sensors to check that.....

its not working.,

also im not loading the CPU up at 100% only bout 50%

try sudo sensors-detect Any time you need to be root, which is the super admin user, place sudo in front of the command. At least in ubuntu. other distros use su which is Swicht User, etc etc...

To see your cpuinfo (sort of like CPU-Z) open up a terminal window and type the following:

cat /proc/cpuinfo

lm sensors are real tricky to get working.

With the CPU usage... do you have all power saving(where the cpu steps down to save electricity) features off in your BIOS?

Back