• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gotta give props to Asrock k7s41gx mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Duner

I just got this little mobo for my second system. It's an all in one board with built in video/lan/audio etc. mATX board. I'm going to put a Duron 1.8GHz in there, but I decided to throw my 2500+ Barton in for a spin and guess what.

Prime stable at 2310 MHz (11+210) with 1.75 volts on air!!

I have to mention that I'm not using the onboard video with this barton. I think using it along with high FSB might be too much for the passively cooled northbridge. Also the built in video gives you the option of using up to 128MB of system ram not just the usual 64MB. There's PCI/AGP locks and you can use up to +6% vcore and adjust the cas latency on the ram. That's about all of the overclock features, but it's obviously good enough to do some moderate overclocking.

In comparison with my K7N2-L nforce2 based mobo, I lose about 800 2k1 3dmarks. Probably due to to a combination of no dual channel ram and a generally less efficient northbridge. Not bad for a $60CDN board.

Back