• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gotta re-glue ramsinks...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathAngelLST

Two sides tape seems to have "died", so i have to re-glue ramsinks on video card... wonder if silicon, and what type, will hold them?

CrashOveride

artice silver Adhesive or artic alumina Adhesive.

dont use antthing else, cept maybe small bits of superglue and thermal paste, some say that will do it. then again i use thermal paste (cheap radio shack stuff) on mine and they stay on, just gotta make sure they are on after i move my comp.

batboy

Senior Moment
Most glues, adhesives, epoxies, and silicone are NOT good thermal conductors. Like Crash says, Arctic Alumina Epoxy or Arctic Silver Epoxy is the best to use. If these are small RAM sinks that don't weigh much, a cheap way that "seems" to work ok is to use a thin layer of thermal paste on the center of the sink and little dabs of super glue on the corners.

asw7576

Ask this guy ....... Definitely he has secret formula to glue ramsinks.

w-sinks-bottom.jpg

w-sinks-side.jpg

OC Noob

Also, arctic silver epoxy is slightly conductive and can fry your card if you get enough of it on the ram pins. AA is not, but transfers heat a bit less efficient.

sandman001

Just Freeze It
I use AA thermal Epoxy, great stuff, I stuck a stock AMd heatsink on my gpu core, and i only used enough to cover the entire core with just thick enough so it wasn't see through.