• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU and NB Cooling Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Axis

Well my main reason for getting into WC was for noise reduction and moderate overclocking. I am sad to say the I can't get 2.4Ghz even with 1.85v on the vcore. Seems to run stable (games, apps etc.) but Prime95 gives errors after about 20mins :(

I can run 2.3Ghz @ 1.75 no probs though so I am happy. :p

I know most aren't Koolance fans but so far I am impressed with the Exos. The highest I can get my fsb is 217 stable. If I get Koolance's NB and GPU coolers what could I expect? Anyone have a similar rig? Any tips? Ideas? Should I get a non Koolance block(s)? I do want to keep my Exos for a little while I am still learning.

Right now I just decided to run it @ 2.2Ghz until I get my NB and GPU cooled.

TIA

9mmCensor

Disabled
NB and GPU blocks will add more heat and flow restrictions to your setup. Highend air cooling may be a viable option for you. A swiftech NB heatsink and a Zalman GPU Heatpipe are both quite and cool quite well.

E-Licious

Yeah, you're not going to be able to overclock more after you add GPU and NB blocks. You'll be adding more heat to the system, and lowering flow rate, so you won't be able to cool your CPU as much as you are now.