• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU BIOS Flash failed, onboard graphics blue screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

istari675

I wanted to give flashing my bios a try since there was a quiet fan bios for my card. Did it standard with nvflash and restarted my computer and had a bunch of artifacting and it wouldn't boot. Switched to my onboard graphics and it looked clear but it blue screened at start up with a VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE.

Update: I was able to boot up when I unplugged the power from the graphics card. I will need to plug it back in at some point to actually reflash the working BIOS on it though. Any suggestions to get past that error so I can flash my bios?

Last edited:

Mr.Scott

Beamed Me Up!
Uninstall all GPU drivers and re-boot.
Re-install onboard GPU drivers only.

OP
I

istari675

That was shaky for a little while. My phone is pretty bad so it was hard to check in here while working on it. I was eventually able to get it running again. I was not aware you could reflash the BIOS while the power was not plugged into the card. I went with the skynet bios and it worked right off the bat thankfully.