• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU failing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
I gots a problem, 1 of my GPU's is failing WU's. It downloads a WU, starts it, then before it has done .01% it failes, after so many files it stops.
I have rebooted, reinstalled driver/client no go, any ideas?
Mu 5 other GPU's are running fine.

Robert17

Premium Member
Which GPU driver? This has been my main frustration lately in [email protected] I understand from some readings that the ***.49 driver has hiccups, the ***.48 worked for me as does the 373.06.

OP
WhitehawkEQ

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
I use 368.81 on all of my GPU's, the 1 that failed is using 368.81. I think I have it going now, I removed the slot the made a new slot, and I went in and deleted the FAH_core_21 folders just to clear out any corrupted core programs.

torin3

If that doesn't work, try reinstalling the driver, or jumping up to 378.49. That worked for me.

OP
WhitehawkEQ

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
If that doesn't work, try reinstalling the driver, or jumping up to 378.49. That worked for me.

Yea but what I want to know is why a driver that has been working fine for months, up and stops working?

torin3

Yea but what I want to know is why a driver that has been working fine for months, up and stops working?

Given the timing, I think it was either a windows update, or the recent mini-core update from Stanford to fix the slowdown with the hotfix. But that is just a guess.