• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU memory usage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have 8800gt 256mb GDDR3 and 3gb DDR3 RAM when play some games my RAM is 100% used.
If I buy new card does it reduce RAM usage or better solution is to buy more RAM?

Honestly, you should buy both.
The 8800GT is slower than a lot of modern integrated graphics solutions. Also most systems need 8GB of RAM to run modern games properly.

Can you tell us your full system specs (like my signature) and what games you're trying to play?

E5700 3GHz/8800gt 256mb GDDR3/3gb DDR3 RAM

For example when I play Modern Warfare 3 on high settings CPU usage is 60% but RAM 100%.
How much R7 240 1gb GDDR5 will reduce RAM usage?

You'll need something with more than 1GB of vRAM to reduce system RAM usage.
What's your budget for upgrading? I can make some actual recommendations if I know what you have to work with.

I'd suggest finding 2x4GB of used DDR3 for ~$30 and getting a GTX 750 Ti.
That would give you a huge upgrade for your system and a much better gaming experience.

I concluded yet.
???

You have two problems... an old videocard with barely and video memory and only 3GB of system ram (Im guessing its mixed too...). You need to get a better GPU with more vram and that is more powerful to play modern titles. You should also get 2x4GB of ram (as was mentioned earlier).

Back