• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gpu wont work on applied voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vukasin

Hi there . For a while ill have to be gaming on a gigabyte gtx 750Ti 2gb video card , and of course i want to overclock it since i got windforce edition which is very cool . arround 50-55C at full load. My problem is that when i use some program (precisionX , MSI Ab , oc guru ) and when i set clocks and voltage , it applies clocks but not voltage . It sticks at its factory one. Program applies setting , but gpu wont work on it. Am i stuck with locked gpu or there is some way i can unlock that voltage ? Since its very cool gpu and its like throwing its power in the wind with 50C and stock voltage...Thanks all for taking time to read this :)

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
If you can't set the voltage in the GIGABYTE software this is a voltage locked model.

OP
V

Vukasin

This gpu has a really bad bios then , because its minimum fans speed is 40 % , and that voltage lock , i can set the offset min and get it up , but offset max voltage wont work. Is there any way i can disable its overclock, and set it to be a stock gtx 750ti ? I feel so bad leaving it like this :(

bob4933

you can not change voltage on locked gpu's.

The absolute best you can hope for is using a different bios, but thats risky in itself.

You should still be able to adjust fan profiles in msi afterburner though, should be no issue with that.

OP
V

Vukasin

I tried different bios's with vga tool , and every time it said bios id not match , and i cant put lower fan speed than 40 % in any programme , its minimum , i tried bios from techpowerup , none of them worked for me :( , my current bios is GV-N75TOC2-2GLF40