• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Graphics card temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

strikerecon

Registered
i got msi gf4-ti4200(128m)vivo @320/605.
it was running hot but i lap that gpu.now it is running around 34c idle and 39c full load.
it was running like 38-40 at stock speed b4 lapping.
i found out long time ago that most of gpu are not flat at all.
i mean it is concave that middle of gpu didn't even touch gpu heatsink(no wonder that they put so much thermal paste between gpu and heatsink).

Deadphishy

i second that, gpu heatsinks are almost never flat. mine neede about 1/8 tube of as3 just to get the whole thing to make contact. anyway my radeon 9000 pro when overclocked is almost two hot to touchs in some places.

nealric

Even my gf2 was getting hot enough to fry an egg on with stock cooling- put on an old p1 cooler and its barely warm. Video card makers just put on the bare minimum that will do the job- they almost all need upgrades.

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
jlin453 said:
Stupid question, but how do you monitor the temperature of the video card?

AOPEN GF4 TI4200 128mb ddr

The only stupid question is the one you dont ask. You can buy a monitor and place the probe where ever you like. Digidoc 5 has 8 probes to monitor everthing from the cpu to your cup of coffee. Tt has the hardcano series that has 2 probes and a fan speed controller. Other then that I don't know of a built in GPU monitor system but there may be some out there. Perhaps someone here knows of a vid card that has that option.