• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Graphics/ Monitor Crash while gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChronoCabal

Hi Guys!

Hoping you can help with a rather annoying issues I'm having. When running certain games (Titanfall 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Fractured Space, Ghost Recon: Wildlands), the game is question will run for a minute or so, and then my screen switches off (No Input signal message), GPU-Z cuts to "0.0C" on my keyboard display, and both my GPUs fans spool up to 100%. The audio from said game continues to play, like the game is still running along quite happily. Nothing else is responsive until I do I hard restartFunnily enough, this isn't affecting all games either. Games like GTA V, The Division, Mad Max, Fallout 4 can run happily for hours with no issues. Some of these latter games are going all the way up to 100% GPU utilisation so I'm hard pressed to think it's a heat/ power issue. PSU is 2 months old, and I run several stat programs to monitor temps and both GPU and CPU temps are reasonable.

I've just tried a clean driver install using DDU in safe mode, to no avail. My Event log is full of errors such as:

"Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

\Device\Video12
Graphics Exception on BE 5: Graphics is hung, FATAL!!
\Device\Video12
Graphics Exception on BE 5: DEAD_TAGS
\Device\Video12
Graphics Exception on BE 4: _L2_NIL_RETURN_THREAD_MISMATCH

When I say full.. I mean full. Under nvlddmkm, in the last hour there have been... 5730 Error events! :shock:

I'm stumped guys - I know bits and bobs but this is a bit too far over my head! Any help appreciated. :)

Have you tried different drivers?

I am looking at "Video12" and am assuming that the game is trying to run in DirectX 12 mode...can you force it to run in DirectX 11?

I have seen issues like this being cured by simply reseating the cards and the pcie connectors, and it's free to try.

Back