• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Graphics/ Monitor Crash while gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChronoCabal

Hi Guys!

Hoping you can help with a rather annoying issues I'm having. When running certain games (Titanfall 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Fractured Space, Ghost Recon: Wildlands), the game is question will run for a minute or so, and then my screen switches off (No Input signal message), GPU-Z cuts to "0.0C" on my keyboard display, and both my GPUs fans spool up to 100%. The audio from said game continues to play, like the game is still running along quite happily. Nothing else is responsive until I do I hard restartFunnily enough, this isn't affecting all games either. Games like GTA V, The Division, Mad Max, Fallout 4 can run happily for hours with no issues. Some of these latter games are going all the way up to 100% GPU utilisation so I'm hard pressed to think it's a heat/ power issue. PSU is 2 months old, and I run several stat programs to monitor temps and both GPU and CPU temps are reasonable.

I've just tried a clean driver install using DDU in safe mode, to no avail. My Event log is full of errors such as:

"Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

\Device\Video12
Graphics Exception on BE 5: Graphics is hung, FATAL!!
\Device\Video12
Graphics Exception on BE 5: DEAD_TAGS
\Device\Video12
Graphics Exception on BE 4: _L2_NIL_RETURN_THREAD_MISMATCH

When I say full.. I mean full. Under nvlddmkm, in the last hour there have been... 5730 Error events! :shock:

I'm stumped guys - I know bits and bobs but this is a bit too far over my head! Any help appreciated. :)

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
Have you tried different drivers?

I am looking at "Video12" and am assuming that the game is trying to run in DirectX 12 mode...can you force it to run in DirectX 11?

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I have seen issues like this being cured by simply reseating the cards and the pcie connectors, and it's free to try.