• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Great Gaming Moments

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Puer Aeternus

I am sure this has been posted a few times before but I missed em all.
What are some of your best gaming moments?(Multiplayer shenanigans dont count...thats like talking about the fish that got away!

I have a few....Omaha Beach on MOHAA was a instant classic. My friends and I replayed that one a few time:D

Finishing Homeworld was a satisfying experience, what a great game and wonderful story.

I have played quit a few games but right now no other ones stick out...well of course the opening to Half Life. that was my real first taste of the FPS genre.

What are your great gaming moments!

:)

plague

Easy, finally beating Super Mario Brothers on 8-bit Nintendo. I was really young and I remember getting so worked up when I couldn't do it. It was such a great feeling.

Half-Life is up there too I guess:cool:

Slaught

No doubt HalfLife will be the most mentioned in this thread, it has so many great "moments" because it was the first of a new kind so to speak. I mean there were so many great set pieces, like the huge dam, or the assualt that takes place once you get up the cliff bit, those were great imo.

Also homeworld is a great game backed by amazing moments, finding out you were banished from your original homeworld etc. although I never actualy completed it, so i gotta do that soon to see what happens :D

Fallout2 had some pretty cool moments, like when you try to sleep with some chick, and you end up with your entire inventory spread over the floor :)

funnyperson1

half life is the greatest fps ever made.....no doubt about it...so many GREAT levels and moments...i play that game 3 times before being semi-satisfied....and the sounds and thinking games were excellent....every time those little crab thingies jump at me i almost ****ed my pants lol...and these were with crappy 5$ speakers too

baqai

Ending of Mafia .. woah !!! and overall experience and feeling of playing MAFIA was just awesome

also i enjoyed a lot playing Warcraft III

i was so much involved with NOLF 2 .. and than suddenly err the game ended it was too darn short for me especially when i picked it up right after playing a nice long game as MAFIA

Cy

Some of my favorite moments were in HS when I completed various early text adventures such as Zork!

Beating Impossible Mission on my C-64 the first time!

Who can forget Myst!

Halflife of course!

Those are just a very few over the years. :) Yeah, I'm old. But I can still take a few of you whippersnappers in UT/UT2003! :eek:

SafirXP

Everytime I finished a DKC game. My best record, finished the whole DKC (first one) with losing only 2/3 lives! :D

Everytime I blow up some people with my grenades in BF1942 is a great moment! ;)

adamtekh

beating bubble booble with my sister on NES

and yeah a few really cool moments with cs and older versions of DOD

getting some of the best times in nfs5. this is one game that ive played the most

and BF 1942!

but of all games , subspace is still the coolest.

baqai

nfs 5 rocks i am kind of slightly disappointed with high stakes 2

Omaha beach in MOHAA was awesome

anyone remembers Dune 2 ??? i don't remember any other game taking my time as that game did sheeeeesh i was totally hooked to it and that game started me off in RTS

Kid Payne

Omaha Beach is truly awesome to play even after a dozen times.

I remember loading Total Annihilation for the first time. It blew me away! I stayed up many a nights till 5 or 6 in the morning playing that RTS.

Lt. Max

baqai u mean hot pursuit 2? yah me 2 then.. i love racing games, i remember when i got nfs high stakes, and played it the first time with my force feedback steering wheels n pedals i was sweating heavily after about 30 mins.. musta felt very realistic lol :)

Lusankya

Ahh subspace/Continuem is an awsome game i always return too. I love flying in a massive 5+ ship dogfight and killing everyone.. or fast hit and runs.

Though the 1 on 1 fights with reds are great.. lots of dodging and close calls

In BF1942.. definatly when some plane maktes the mistake of comming straight at me when I'm on the AA guns.

Running ppl down is fun also :)

baqai

Lt.Max yeah sorry i meant Hot Pursuit 2, the best car racing game i have played and loved is Porche Unleashed and Colin Mcrae Ralling 2.0 they simply rock!!!

after playing Porche Unleashed i was hoping that Hot Pur**** 2 would be realistic and it turned out to be arcade which was slight turn down and disppointment for me but still the game is good although there is a list of things about it i dont like, but nothing like a good arcade race :D

Robbie

One time I was at this Lan, and this stupid guy brought his girlfriend.

So she and I snuck off and HOOKED UP!!!
That was one of my BEST gaming moments.
Rob

solidsnakexix

All time greatest gaming momenst are as follows. Beating super mario brothers, the ending of final fantasy nine, anytime i succesfully take down a zombie and then in 20 minutes when he is a runner in Resident Evil for Game Cube.

-Solidsnakexix

john240sx

all time greatest was when i completed one lap on that really small course in GT1 in 26.5 seconds. that recored still stands :)

also, the first time i played wolfenstein 3D. it was amazing.

my first time playing zelda on NES. i have beat the game well over 100 times now. i'm currently on the 7 level :D

then there's the best RPG ever made. Dragon Warrior. all four in the series owned RPG's for the following years only to be dethroned by Final Fantasy III.

whooping_a_panda

Mr Slave Senior
greatest gaming moments, hmm soo many hours wasted, how many really got me lost...

I think as far as gaming and atmosphere, Marathon did it for me, i was 11ish and it was my first FPS the atmosphere just scared me to death i couldt even sit down and play through the first level the first few days i had it... that was the greatest ive ever had with a game... cant think of many games that scared me enough to put it down hehe...

there were some in halflife that were cool, i cant think of any that were that great off hand so i guess that shows how memorable they were, but it was a fun game, though repetative towards the end.

Baldurs Gate 2 slaying my first dragon and my first experience with real D&D rules in a computer game

thers many more with many more games but those would be my most memorable i would have to say