• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Great Work! Take a look!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaWiper

Image Compare Man
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but:

Found some truly impressive work. Some 3d demos with cd-quality sound all in just 64KB. That's right 64 KiloByte. If this isn't amazing I don't know what is... Go here and download them...
There also is a 8meg demo there that shows what the guys behinde "the product" can do with some more space...

OP
DaWiper

DaWiper

Image Compare Man
The link also describes how they made it possible... If there was a genius award, I would vote for them...

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
hella compression.

the product is discussed in an old thread on the forums somewhere... I already have the 64k movie saved. :)

It's super neat! :)

OP
DaWiper

DaWiper

Image Compare Man
As I said, on their page there is some links(upper-left corner) that describes how they managed to do this.
Short:
Music: They created a new software synth...
Textures: They created a way to "remember" textures based on math, rather than the ordinary lets save it all pixel by pixel
Code: What can I say? They are demo-coders. It's amazing to see what those people can cram into a demo...

Read and be impressed...
If they just could fit UT2003(or similar) on a singel floppy...lol

OP
DaWiper

DaWiper

Image Compare Man
Ok, wasn't my intent to repost old stuff. Thought that it wasn't posted before...

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
Oh that wasn't what I meant... It's just something that's been out there on the net for a really long time, and never stops coming up. Its pretty neat.

The first time, it took me a while to force myself to watch the whole thing... When I first downloaded it I thought it would be over in 30 seconds... Then 2 minutes later I was wondering if it was ever gonna end!