• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Green LED case lighting/fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bossman150

I was just sitting here looking at my PC admiring how friggin clean and great looking it is on the inside, but realizing in my dim room I had to shine a flashlight in the window to see it. I just upgraded to a 1080 Ti and the green GEFORCE GTX lighting on the card gave me an idea. I would like to buy some case lighting and a few 120mm fans that have green lighting that would closely match the GPU coloring. I am sure I am not the first person to do this so I am wondering if anybody has some recommendations on some lighting and fan that they know matches the Nvidia green pretty close. My room is always dimly lit so I don't want something that would be really bright but yet bright enough you could see the components in the case. I would put a 120mm fan in the bottom for sure and might even replace the 2 white LED fans in the front with green ones, the back one will probably stay stock because I think I would have to take my cpu cooler off to be able to get to it. The case is a white CM Stormstryker (which btw is far and away the best case I have ever used).

Suggestions/ideas? I have never really done this before, but with the wonderful cable management this case has I would like to be able to see it hehe.

Be careful as the nvidia GEFORCE GTX green is quite a mild one. I went as far as getting the In Win 303 nvidia edition case, and packed it with 3 Corsair HD fans... the shade of green is much deeper. Ended up swapping the stock 980 Ti with a gigabyte windforce (RGB) one, and the green on that does match the case fans.

Back