• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG GREEN MOLECULE (modded Fractal Design ACR Mini R2)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
XQJQ3aX.png

Hey guys, time for another update!

I did a bit of work on the shroud and attached the pump and res as well found a way to support the weight of them and at the same time secure the shroud in place.

As it is now, it's very easy to get the shroud in and secure it, without having to access the back or underneath it.

Here you can see the holes for the pump and res as well as for the GPU cables.

nlXLHZa.jpg

And this is what's holding the shroud, with a dome nut on the top.

EotimMO.jpg

r3vtYcu.jpg

A look at the Swiftech MCP35X pump with the Bitspower top and Koolance heatsink.

I have a complete kit from Koolance which includes a pump casing along with the heatsink but I didn't like the look of it. So I just used the heatsink with a bit of mod work on the bottom of the original casing.

nowg84B.jpg

Cable still needs to be measured, cut and sleeved

i6dxo0W.jpg

And here it is attached to the shroud

yOR4Yrn.jpg

c0ICrfZ.jpg

H62oOZG.jpg

HdJ9ecA.jpg

With the long bolt and nuts supporting the weight of the shroud I can easily adjust the nuts to make sure these two fittings align perfectly.

vdgwbfL.jpg

xHxbLzz.jpg

6F2G8dR.jpg

Also as you can see from these following pics, the two side panels have been painted white. I will give a closer look at them once I attach the clear acrylic.

Iyuod0A.jpg

jCvV7TD.jpg

cas4GJz.jpg

caspWT4.jpg

IJiB9wC.jpg

CU9cwnz.jpg

I really hate seeing the stock Intel heatsink on but unfortunately this is the only rig I have that I can use at my desk.

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

SSD window is unique and cool :)
The main window looks great too!

Really shows off the rig quite nice.
Planning some case lighting too?

Like seeing the SSD through the side,that's so cool.

Thanks, yea I like it too. Think it was a pretty good idea. I mainly just didn't want the back side panel to look so plain and I know people always like to showcase their SSDs so why not. I hope to replace both the SSD and the HDD with two larger SSDs :D. They will also get a custom paint job and custom vinyl stickers :D

SSD window is unique and cool :)
The main window looks great too!

Really shows off the rig quite nice.
Planning some case lighting too?

Thanks mate. Yup of course, I will be using some DarkSide Connect UV LED strips. It should really pop all the green and white colours nicely inside the system, the fluid will be Mayhems UV Emerald Green and the cables will be white and UV green. The green colour of the fluid and cables will match that of the fans :)

Looks great.

Does the pump vibrate on the plexi at all? I would think it would be noisy the way it is mounted.

Looks great.

Does the pump vibrate on the plexi at all? I would think it would be noisy the way it is mounted.

Thanks man :). I will need to test the pump further for noisy vibrations, still need to make the cable for it, cut and sleeved. Though I don't see why it would be noisy, instead of being mounted on the top of something like normally, it just hangs from underneath. If it does make some vibrations I will put some rubber washers between it and the shroud :)

OMG I totally missed that... pictures must not have loaded when I scrolled through the first time. :bang head

XQJQ3aX.png

Hey guys,

So if you couldn't tell from the renders, I will be getting a custom res. This will be going in the 5.25" bays of the case. Not sure if anyone picked up on this but in one of the earlier posts I did mention that something special will be going in the 5.25" bays.

Clockwerk Case Mods has been hard at work over the last few days making the res for me and it looks awesome! Make sure to check out their page!

Here is the res in the making:

RtvOaMD.jpg

wbmMm1x.jpg

XISINaK.jpg

WdSIRGU.jpg

xiqMRPy.jpg

EOmwKpM.jpg

40g7idY.jpg

owm3hCw.jpg

tORKm9v.jpg

rBY0ria.jpg

Leak testing with some Primochill green fluid!

PBTI66m.jpg

K1XIPyE.jpg

I cannot wait to get my hands on this awesome res. It will be shipping out in a couple of days!

Thanks for checking it out guys.

Cheers,

Alex

Back