• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Greetings, from a noobs mind!! =p (question regaurding a semi-complicated loop)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

robert74567

Registered
Hello,

Just started setting up a water cooling system in my rig. New case Woop Woop.

It involves the following:

• one small reservoir
  • One pump
  • two radiators :: one single fan :: one double fan :: (Both 120MM)
  • CPU block
  • GPU Block

Beautiful Diagram is as follows.
watercoolingsetup.jpg

on "radiator 2" there is actual four fans, two inside the case, two outside. The ones outside blow into the case, and the one inside blow air out. I originaly thought that this would be smart, to give the radiator maximum air exposure...but i'm not exactly sure..good or bad idea? if bad, what should i change it to?

Second of all; T line at the red circle, good or bad idea? For the purpose of drainage.

Lastly, i heard that cheep liquor (tequila) dissipates heat better than the expensive liquid sold for the purpose of water cooling...seems reasonable, but is it true?

thank you all for reading, and exposing your eyes to my radioactive art work...

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Ehhh, on rad2 they should both be blowing in the same direction, OUT of the case. Same for Rad1, it should exhaust outside the case.

It may be true, but I wouldnt dare put any liquor into my loop.

Daddyjaxx

You can't have fans on the same rad blowing air inside and outside. All fans need to blow the same way. With a rad at the top, IMO, it's better to blow the air out of the case. If you can put the 120mm in the front blowing in, I'd do res, pump, 120mm rad, 240mm rad, CPU, GPU, res.

No need for a T line and a res.

The best cooling is a .99 bottle of distilled water and a biocide.

I would strongly suggest reading the stickeys, learn all you can, and then read some more. You should never venture into watercooling lightly and have open eyes doing so. Your plan to have the fans blowing in opposing directions tells me that you haven't researched very much.

OP
R

robert74567

Registered
You can't have fans on the same rad blowing air inside and outside. All fans need to blow the same way. With a rad at the top, IMO, it's better to blow the air out of the case. If you can put the 120mm in the front blowing in, I'd do res, pump, 120mm rad, 240mm rad, CPU, GPU, res.

No need for a T line and a res.

The best cooling is a .99 bottle of distilled water and a biocide.

I would strongly suggest reading the stickeys, learn all you can, and then read some more. You should never venture into watercooling lightly and have open eyes doing so. Your plan to have the fans blowing in opposing directions tells me that you haven't researched very much.

First let me say, thanks, and will do.

from what i have already read, even though it serves no active purpose, a t line can make draining less of a hassle..Plug it up until it's time to change and then unplug and let gravity do it's magic. so if i was to put a T line in, that would be the most effective place, right?

Spawn-Inc

First let me say, thanks, and will do.

from what i have already read, even though it serves no active purpose, a t line can make draining less of a hassle..Plug it up until it's time to change and then unplug and let gravity do it's magic. so if i was to put a T line in, that would be the most effective place, right?

lowest point in the loop so it can all drain.

going by your picture, outside the case from the pump to the rad.

billb

If you mount the rads directly onto the case then you either have to blow warm case air through the rads or blow warm rad exhaust into the case. Use standoffs.

And since the coolest water in the loop (even though it will be less than 1°c cooler) is right after a rad.

Attachments

• Image3.png
    Image3.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited: