• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gromacs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ben721

Official X-Hour Man
I have a dedicated folding rig, a celeron. It does gromacs really well, my only question is, if I use the -advmethods flag, am I guaranteed a gromac everytime?

portorock

The advmethods flag will choose gromacs over tinkers when ever they are available. They forceasm flag forces [email protected] to use optimizations regardless of how the comp was shut down. I say regardless because without the flag, if the comp improperly shuts down due to overcloking or something, it will disable the optimizations to possibly remedy the cause of the shut down. The forceasm flag also puts more stress on the cpu and is more likely to bring to light an unstable oc

Edit: and to answer your question, yes ;)

OP
B

Ben721

Official X-Hour Man
Alrightey, I got it all setup thanks.

I have a 1700+ tbred b at 1850, so I'd say that's stable considering the cpu can easily do 2.1 on other motherboards.