• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Grrrrr these are ****'n me off!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shaggy

Registered
I dont know when these started or whats causing them but I have a feeling its either an XP thing or M$ messenger. These popups come at random times sometimes 2 or 3 times a day, when I check the processes in the windows task manager its running under csrss.exe. This is a system file and windows wont let me shut it down It says its a critical system process and task manager cannot end it. Can anyone assist me? I play Dark Age of Camelot and this crashes my game every time one pops up..

Kendan

Senior Punk
The new SPAM. check out this thread
It was linked from the front page and tells you how to turn it off. If you had a router it would stop it too.
Good luck!!

looktall

it's pretty easy to stop.
you just go into admin tools-->services and turn off the messenger service. (it's not related to windows/msn messenger)

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
Those things are agrivating. MS created Messenger to display important messages to computers enterprise-wide, and reduce the TCO of maintaining a network, not so people could spam w/ them.