• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aupilotxp

ok...i know there have probably been lots of posts on this before, but I got the hole cut for my window, but I can't get the rubber to stick to the metal with the glue i was told to use...I'm using RTV glue for glueing rubber in cars around windshields and windows and stuff...I hold one little section for like 45 minutes, and as soon as i let go, it pops off...it also tends to twist out on the corners....

- what is the best glue to use?
- is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks

Marc

Jeniva

Im not sure what type of glue to use...The trim I bought from the Automotive store was "Self Adhesive" ..I just pushed it into place and it stuck...

I hope you find a solution

Iron Hawk

Make sure both of the surfaces that you are trying to glue are clean. Rub them down with some rubbing alcohol to remove any dust and oils that may have collected on the surfaces.

If that doesnt work try super glue, that sticks to allmost anything.

Robbiem01

I'd try superglue first but it that doesn't work maybe some apoxi will. I dont know if that stuff sticks to stuff but I know if you can get it to stick it wont let go ... ever. That stuff is as hard as a rock after it drys.